My LO hates me touching my bump!!

pringle88

Reaction score
I'm a bit concerned that my LO is going to be really jealous of this baby. If I am sat with my hand on my belly she will come over and remove my hand, say no and then pull my top back down!

She's more than happy to sit and feel the baby move and she says his name whenever I ask what he's called and she gives my bump a kiss and hug every morning without me asking her to..

So it's weird, it's like she's jealous of me rather than the baby... I'm not even 100% certain that shes old enough to understand that there is an actual baby inside of me!?

Has anybody else had this issue and how did you deal with it? Xx

Mummy to Ella 18/11/11
Baby Boy due 17th Dec 2013

Bless how old is she ? My daughter is 1 next week so has no idea about the new baby

She's 20 months old xx

Mummy to Ella 18/11/11

My daughter changes from week to week. In the earlier days I tried to explain there's a baby in my tummy and she just said "no".

Now she kisses my belly. But doesn't seem impressed that there's a baby in there. We've had some weird sleeping behaviour the last couple of months too, that we're wondering if it's down to her sensing a big change coming. She was always an angel to put to bed and stayed in bed. now she sleeps in our bed till we go to bed and remove her. She hoards random objects and surrounds herself with them on our bed. Toys, our toothbrushes, books, laundry basket :-S

My friend recently had her second baby and I remember he was quite upset at the idea of a sibling in her tummy, he hit her tummy etc and would say he didn't want a brother or sister. But he seems to adore his new sister now :)

So I expect it'll all work out in the end.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Im not sure, there are lots of books you can get about getting a new sibling maybe try read her some so she understands a bit more? Maybe she is a little worried that things will change for her? xx

Yeah maybe it's a case of she knows changes are happening but she doesn't fully understand what they are. Her tantrums got so much worse when I started to show but she seems to have calmed down a little bit now.

Getting her a book is a good idea, she loves storytime.

Thanks girls xx

Mummy to Ella 18/11/11

I saw tonnes at the library there was a full section of books for situations like this 'moving house' 'starting school' 'bullies' all sorts its worth a try! Might get her excited in stead of scared. ive found involving Alice (even though she is a bit young) seems to help xx

Ill def have a look, thanks for your advice xx

Mummy to Ella 18/11/11

I've just bought 'mummy mummy what's in your tummy' and 'I'm a new big sister' off eBay! Hopefully that will help her understand a bit more :) xx

Mummy to Ella 18/11/11

I know this might sound a bit daft but could you get one of the babies new bottles and nappies and let her practice on a doll so she can 'help' you when baby is here? im just trying to come up with some ideas for you xx

I've just bought 'mummy mummy what's in your tummy' and 'I'm a new big sister' off eBay! Hopefully that will help her understand a bit more :) xx

Mummy to Ella 18/11/11

aaawww sounds so cute and you can save them too as a little memory :) xx

I know this might sound a bit daft but could you get one of the babies new bottles and nappies and let her practice on a doll so she can 'help' you when baby is here? im just trying to come up with some ideas for you xx

It's weird you should say that! I Only said to OH today to get some of Ella's newborn clothes out of the loft so she can use them to practice on her dolls! :) I think I need to help her understand rather than assume she's too young because its clear she understands something is happening. Thanks again for your ideas Hun x

Mummy to Ella 18/11/11

great minds think alike! If she is clever enough to be thinking about it she must be clever enough to be told, and it wont hurt to try xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back