My little Isla is here!!!

kellysomer

Reaction score
Well heres the story apologies its so long but the birth was too..... :shock:

11pm on monday 27th i had a strange feeling as baby was wriggling non stop and very unsettled for an hour, shortly afterwards i had my first BH contraction which was odd but painless. At 1am i woke up with a start and felt a sharp pain, followed at 11:20, 11:41 and 2am, woke OH up as thought i'd better tell him but didnt think i was i labour as 5 days early. Pains were getting worse so at 2:20 i called the birth centre who replied that the small unit i wanted to give birth at had 3 in labour already and 2 more due in, a real baby boom! They would examine me but i would have to the main hospital in Southampton which i really didnt want to do. I held on at home until 4:40 am then called again and was really in pain with contractions 4 mins apart. Told to come into birth centre and found to be 3cm dilated. They wanted to admit me but i wanted as close thing to a home birth as possible (which they wouldnt let me have..) so i stayed at home until i really couldnt wait any longer. 2pm was examined to be 5cms which was slow progress but progress nether the less. Stayed in from that point as the other mums had had theirs as all were quick births luckily and got into the birth pool at 7pm, what a wonderful feeling. Some hours later and a lot of screaming and pushing at 11:19pm Isla Megan came into the world the wet way weighing 8lbs 12ozs :shock: not bad for a 5lb small baby according to 2 midwifes! She was just perfect with unblemished skin and the most beautiful eyes (not being biast of course!) I had endured 25 hours of labour with no gas and air or drugs just the beautiful natural water birth in dimmed light and the love and support of the most wonderful man. No stitches either just a tiny tear. Isla latched on 3 minutes after birth and filled her tum.

The most natural and perfect (not forgetting painful) experience of my life.

Here she is our long awaited baby after 2 years TTC....

isla006.jpg

:D So happy and so in love with this cutie....

awwww that's amazing well done!

I LOVE the very first photos of a new baby...they're incredable, thanks for sharing!

that is the most beautiful story :cry:

No gas and air!!!!! u are a hero u must be Dior was 5lb and if it wernt for the epidural i dont think ild be here!!!! :shock:
what a big baby u had lol..

sorry dont mean to be rude your daughters name looks lovely but how do i say it?? :?
is it pronounced
Is la
or eyesla

congratulations to you both.... she is gorgeous.
well done. enjoy her!!
xx

pronounced ila (silent S) scottish for river..... OH is scottish and we thought it was pretty.

What an amazing story my hat is off to you!!!! Enjoy your little bundle of joy!!!!

xoxo Ree

oh its a nicer name then i thought.....

owww your sooo lucky hun, enjoy every second ang get loadsa pics it flys by trust me

Were on pic no 63 already, hail to digital cameras! Will post more soon but takes a while to upload to photobucket.

That sounds like such a lovely birth, wish mine was like that. congratulationson the birth of baby isla

Awww congratulations your birth story brought a tear to my eye :)

Welcome to the world Isla, what a beautiful name and a beautiful baby :D

Awwww, that's brought a tear to my eye! A huge congratulations to you. Isla is beautiful. :D :D :D :D :D

Nicki.x

Congratulations Kelly and well done for coping so well :D :D

CONGRATULATIONS KELLY!!!
Welcome to the world little Isla!! :D :D :D :D

What a beautiful birth story and thank you for sharing the pics. She's lovely :)

xx

what a lovely story well done you and congratulations shes absolutely beautiful and a lovely name as well :D :D :D
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

A big CONGRATULATIONS to you and your OH and a BIG welcome to Isla.

I shed a little tear reading your labour story, it sounded so natural. Im not quite sure whether I will be as brave as you.

Cant wait to see more pictures.

All the best

Hi

congrats and you did an excellent job, lol my doctor told me Kiara will be 7 pounds and she was 9 pounds 6 ounces , i hate when there wrong :shock:
Enjoy her :D

Congratulations Kelly, I have been looking out for your post. What a lovely story and how brave of you to have no gas and air :shock: Post more piccies when you get chance :lol:

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back