My little heartbreaker Max Ward

timtam78

Reaction score
For those that don't know me I'm Tammy, Im 35 and married to Don, 36. We live in Cambridgeshire with our two border collies and our first baby Max who was born on Saturday night, 22nd March at 8.12pm, weighing 7lb 8oz.

I wrote a birth story in the announcements section, but to cut a long story short he made a dramatic entrance into the world after a long 4 day labour and emergency c section. Turned out he'd been doing somersaults in my belly and had a knot in his cord. He's a very lucky boy!

Hopefully I can find the time to document the next part of our journey here! :)

upe5ejy3.jpg

YEAH! welcome over to this section Hun! I am so happy for you and Don that you both are here with such a scrumptious little one. Ben and I would love to follow your family journey as much as you get time to update here! ;-)
BIG HUGS FROM YOUR AUSTRIAN FRIENDS XXXXXXX

Congrats Tammy! So nice to see you over here xx

Congratulations again he is absolutely gorgeous. Sorry he had a dramatic entrance but main thing is he is here safe and sound. Enjoy been a mummy xx

aaah lovely to see as parenting journal up for you. Congratulations on little Max, enjoy every moment xx

yay to the parenting journal :) hope you are doing ok and that Don going back to work wasn't too difficult... Looking forward to reading about baby Max's journey xxx

Ahhh nice to see ur journal tammy , how's you and max doing ? Xx

Thanks for popping by ladies :)

Well I'm already crap at keeping this updated :lol: but then again it has been a pretty overwhelming couple of weeks. Max is 2 weeks old tomorrow! I can't believe it, already! Only feels like yesterday he was born!

I'm loving being a mum, although it does feel like I'm dreaming sometimes. Can't believe he's mine :)

He's had a bit of sticky eye but that seems to be getting better. Midwife told me to squirt breastmilk in it as it has antibodies in it.

I've been discharged by midwives now and had my first visit from the health visitor today. All is well, he's breastfeeding well, weeing and pooing etc. He did he first fountain wee while I was changing him today :lol:... Good to see his bits functioning as they should :)

First few nights I got zero sleep. He won't settle in his moses basket so at the moment I have him in bed with me and I'm getting a few hours. Going to try gradually get him used to the basket in short bursts if I can. Going to try raise the mattress on an angle as he just seems to hate being on his back.

I got a Moby wrap too which I've even using for a couple of days and its AMAZING!!! I'm now hands free and managing to get some stuff done round the house. Have had terrible backache from carrying Max around though so hopefully the Moby will help to ease that.

I'll post some pics/video in a bit. I've took so many already, will have to choose a few favourites.

We had a professional newborn photoshoot too when he was 4 days old so will post them when I've received them :)

Xx

Last edited:
Oh lovely , so amazing, he's gorgeous and so glad that after such a tough long labour that you are both doing well
Such a brilliant thing to have your son in your arms at last after such a long long journey .
So happy for you lovely. cuddles to doggies to
x Daisy

It is really not easy to keep a journal updated! I have a hard enough job keeping on top of Ben's book :) Glad to hear you are settling in being a mum! Best thing in the world :) Hope your wound is healing nicely too. BIG HUGS and will drop you a whats up too soon when I am allowed to use my mobile - Ben would prefer to use it than me! :) XXXXXXX

hye timtam
so lovely to hear all is good
try a poddle pod for settling in moses basket they are a god send and really help settle them!
xx

Oh wow tammy those photo shoot pictures are incredible! How long did the photoshoot last? Im amazed how they get all these cute pics of them sleeping in various positions / outfits; bet ours would just cry the whole time! X

Oh Tammy, those pics are ADORABLE!!

xxxx

Thanks ladies... Lucy the shoot was all afternoon, about 4 hours ish. The photographer was a lovely Italian lady (same one who did my bump shots) she's really natural with newborns. She had a little heater to keep him warm and was kind of moulding him into shape to get the positions, was fascinating to watch! I just fed him between shots to keep him sleepy x

Looks and sounds like you are doing amazing Tammy. Max is gorgeous!

I ended up co-sleeping loads with Jess in the beginning. She settled well into her cot after about 10 weeks, then at 12 weeks went in her own room! She's been poorly with a cold for the last week so we regressed back to co-sleeping, but tbh we both get more sleep that way. Have you mastered the cunning side boob bf trick? Tends to stop the zero sleep nights I found.

Glad you like the moby wrap. I'm still using mine for dog walking, its brilliant, and Jess is around 17lbs now the little fatty :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back