My little boy :)

Rachel87

Reaction score
My story....

Sunday morning woke up at 8:20 and went to the loo and as I went to wash my hands felt this trickle down my legs and to my shock my waters had broke. Rang the labour ward and told me to ring back in an hour just to make sure it was my waters and not just baby moving and pushing on my bladder. After an hour of even more fluid coming out we rang back and was told to come in and get checked out.

Was checked over by the midwife and she confirmed that my waters had gone and that I was 1-2 cm dilated. We were sent home and told to come back once my pains were more regular and closer together. Throughout the day the cramps would regulate then ease off then get painful so that night I had a bath and took some paracetamol but didn't help the pains. So I rang the hospital back and they said to come in. Gave me some codeine and sent me back home. Went to bed but didn't get much sleep.

As my waters has broke I was booked in on the Monday morning to be induced. Got to the hospital and they monitored babies heartbeat and movements etc and checked me over. At this point I was 3-4 cm dilated and was told I could go straight onto the drip which was a relief as I really wasn't keen on having the pessary and waiting 6 hours to see if it would work. Got to the labour room and had everything set up and had the drip started at 12 pm. Got told by the midwives that with it being my first pregnancy it could take 24-48 hours for me to give birth so we were prepared for a long ride, except our little one wasn't....

My contraction came on really painful and close together and before I knew it I felt like I needed to push! The midwives couldn't believe how quick things were progressing and all of a sudden they were getting blankets and pads ready for me to deliver. After being in labour for 1 hour and 20 mins and a bit of gas and air I started pushing and 10 minutes later Henry came into the world at 2:45 weighing 6lb 15oz with a full head of thick blonde hair. He is the most perfect and gorgeous little boy I could have ever wanted and so far has been an angel for his Mummy and Daddy. x

Congratulations, and well done you!
Sounds like a lovely labour!
Wish my first had been that straight forward.
Enjoy your little bundle x

Oh wow! Great story. I'm so pleased to hear your little one arrived quickly & safely and that he's your perfect little baby! :)

Congratulations! xx

Sounds a bit similar to mine hun, congratulations n wat a lovely name.

Michelle.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back