My Hands Are Getting Fuller

GotMyHandsFull

Reaction score
[started this in Pregnancy Journals but I feel Parenting is more apt really)

I'm Laura, I'll be 37 on May 27th and I'm married to Lloyd. We have five children - 3 girls, 2 boys. Yesterday (May 8th) we found out we're having our 3rd boy! His name will be Lachlan.

My sister made a lot of bad choices with her life and as a result, we are the full time carers of her two little girls. They have been with us for 5 months. On June 16th, my sister is due with another little girl. My sister is not in a position to care for her baby and upon birth, I will be bringing the baby home to join her sisters. So, I'm due October with one baby and getting another baby in June!

May 11th 2014
I am 18+5 weeks pregnant today. This pregnancy is going so so fast. My sister is due in just over 5 weeks. I've not seen her since she was 28 weeks pregnant and won't be seeing her until after the birth now. I don't know if I will see her at the hospital when I go pick up the baby. I don't know what to do for the best.

I'm glad we made the decision to find out the sex of this little one. It's definitely much easier to plan now we know we are having a boy.

I went and purchased some extra cloth nappies from Mothercare. These are off the website as they haven't been delivered yet. I got 2 of each design.

For Lachlan
dw_badge_template2_new
dw_badge_template2_new
dw_badge_template2_new
dw_badge_template2_new
dw_badge_template2_new

For Ella
dw_badge_template2_new
dw_badge_template2_new
dw_badge_template2_new
dw_badge_template2_new
dw_badge_template2_new

To Share
dw_badge_template2_new
dw_badge_template2_new

Wow, what an unusual situation to be in, you really will have your hands full!

Life just got a little bit crazier in the past week.

On Monday, I got a phone call from my sisters social worker saying she had been taken to hospital in labour. I would have liked to have been there for the birth, but knew it wasn't practical with my children plus I didn't want to make the situation any harder for my sister.

Baby Nalani was born at 8:15pm on Monday 12th May. She weighed a tiny 5lbs 6oz but was absolutely fine. My sister left the hospital on the Tuesday morning, and I went down with my mum to visit Nalani that afternoon. My mum decided she wanted to be nearer to Nalani and got a hotel room for the few nights that Nalani was in hospital. Nalani was discharged yesterday, May 17th, after just 5 days in hospital. I brought her and my mum back home and my mum is staying with us for a few days. It's very strange, having a tiny newborn baby but not having given birth myself, so I'm feeling fit and healthy (despite being 19 weeks pregnant myself).

So far, Nalani is a happy healthy baby. She is sleeping and eating well. She is such a sweetheart but ever so tiny. None of the clothes I'd bought for her fit so my mum went to asda this morning and picked up some premature baby clothes which they have just started to stock.

You are such a fantastic woman. Following this blog to see how you get on. Wishing you and your family all the best x

Thank you, that means a lot!

Nalani is 8 days old now. It's crazy how much life has changed in 8 short days. I couldn't imagine her without us now. Her cousins and sisters love her to bits and are all eager to help out with her care, which is great as it makes my life just that little bit easier - I can ask one to go up and get clean cloths or a nappy etc.

I took Nalani to the baby clinic this morning. She weighed 5lbs 6oz at birth, was 5lbs 3oz when she came home on Saturday and is now 5lbs 9oz she is above her birth weight in just 8 days. Having never bottle fed a baby so young, its good to see how much she is drinking.

As for my baby, I'm 20 weeks today - half way there! I got myself into a right state last night as I've not given much thought to Lachlan, but I know he is safe where he is and is growing. I have an appointment tomorrow with my midwife. It will be very strange turning up to a midwife appointment complete with a newborn baby! Actually, I might get my mum to babysit Nalani so I can concentrate on my pregnancy at the appointment. Mum is still here at the moment but I think she wants to go back home this week. She has been a great help and I'll miss her!

Wow what an amazing lady!! Does that mean you have 5 of your own 3 of your sisters and one on the way?! Your like super woman!! Xxx

Yes! I've got Lola who is 8, Levi who is 6, twins Lottie and Libby who are 4, and Ludo who is 3. I'm pregnant with baby Lachlan due on October 7th. My sisters 3 are Hannah who is 2, Kaitlyn who is 17 months and baby Nalani who is 9 days.

Oh my gosh Hun! Super mum!! How do you manage? Bet your house is noisy!! Lol xxx

I just have to get on with it!!

May 21st 2014
I want to take the children on holiday. Is that crazy with a tiny newborn? It would be a caravan holiday - probably two caravans, taking my mum and dad with us. we don't get to go on holiday very often because of the dogs [have I mentioned yet that I'm a dog breeder?] but I think we all deserve one this year. As we home educate, it needs to be in June or early July before schools break up and make the holidays more expensive.

Wow you bring a whole new meaning to having your hands full. A dog breeder and home educate all your children! You are super mom!!

What dogs do you breed?

Just wanted to say I think you are doing an amazing thing bringing up your sisters children along with your own. Well done xx

Wow you bring a whole new meaning to having your hands full. A dog breeder and home educate all your children! You are super mom!!

What dogs do you breed?

We breed Saint Bernards, Bernese Mountain Dogs ans Newfoundlands.

May 23rd 2014
We have been slacking so much with home educating. The children haven't done any work books since Nalani was born. They usually do work books between 9:30 and 12, then its free learning in the afternoons. I must get them back into the workbooks next week.

I'm missing the dogs too. We have one girl who is pregnant, it was an accidental pregnancy (well, it was done on purpose by one of my kennel assistants but it was not something I wanted to happen, especially as she bred two breeds together. Long story, she's no longer a member of staff here). She will be due the second week of July. I don't let pups go until 10 weeks, so mid September. Hopefully Lachlan holds out until his due date so I'm not dealing with 8-12 puppies at the same time as a newborn baby. It'll be hard enough Nalani being 2-3 months old. But I'll manage. Always do!

Lloyd (my husband) is very interested in a pet shop that has come up for sale near us. He'd love to own it. I don't know. More hassle? Hard work? Or would it be fun?

My pregnancy is going well. I'm huge, feel like I'm 8 months pregnant not 4.5 months. Can't wait to meet baby Lachlan.

Wow you really are super human!! I can barely look after myself! You should feel very proud of what you've already achieved for your family and your sisters children too. Amazing. Xxx

Aww thank you so much. I love being busy, hate sitting down with nothing to do. I love each any every one of the kids and dogs. My husband is a wonderful help, as is my mum who has been here nearly a week. She goes home tomorrow and I'm going to miss her so much.

And here's me shattered at 8 weeks pregnant with a 14 month old and one dog...! I bet all the children have a great time together!! X

What dogs do you breed?

We breed Saint Bernards, Bernese Mountain Dogs ans Newfoundlands.

Ahh beautiful big boys and girls then. :) you must be a very naturally mothering person to have all those children and puppies too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back