My hair!

Bellarina

Reaction score
Hi girls,
When I was pregnant with jake my hair was lovely...all shiny and thick and grew fast....not long after having him it started falling out and became greasy (I used to be able to wash it every other day but after having him it was every day)....anyway the hair that fell out is pretty much back, but 2.5 years later and hair is greasier than ever. ..I thought it would have gone back to how it was before by now but no...iv tried "for greasy hair " shampoos but whatever shampoo I use doesn't seem to make a difference. I know its not a major thing but its just annoying as for 1) it's time consuming doing it everyday, espec as I look after Jake all day then have to do it quickly before I go to work in evenings...and 2) even washing it everyday it doesnt look or feel as nice as it used to.

Anyone else have this problem or can offer any advice?
I know it seems trivial but it's annoying me now as have had it 2.5 yrs
Xx

Last edited:
No advice really but it might not even be preg related! Changes in the water supply, eating habits etc can all affect your hair too!

Try washing your with shampoo twice then condition with a little bit just on the ends. Try and leave it for a bit x

Have you changed anything related to hormone contraceptive? Even sometimes going back on the same contraceptive pill can affect you differently second time you take it?

Wow that's a long time. My hair was lovely before pregnancy, during it didn't change much growth just slowed right down and afterwards it was minging but only for a few months. It was greasy and flat and then at about 4 months I lost a lot, you couldn't tell is lost it as I've such thick hair but I inly moulted for a Month and then it went back to normal. It doesn't grow as fast anymore though which is a shame. Could it be your contraceptive? I feel for you, I'd be gutted

Not on any contraceptive as I believe that was why I took so long to conceive before and had to go on Clomid.
I always shampoo my hair twice and if i do condition its just the ends.
My skin has changed aswell in that I get more spots now then before having Jake but I put that down to not being on the pill like I was before. Just thought hair would have gone back to normal by now. ...tonight if tried adding baking powder to my shampoo as it said somewhere in Google that it can help. Will let you know tomorrow if hair needs washing again.
Thanks for the replies girls xx

I have the exact same problem... My LO is 5 month and my hair gets greasy so quick, it never used to :( ive not lost any hair as my hair didn't change whilst pregnant! I'm hoping it will go away with time but by sounds of your story it might not xxx

I'm pretty similar here, my hair was never this greasy before I had lo. I'm quite lazy though and only wash my hair if I have to ie work or going out somewhere nice! I look and feel a right state most of the time but I have a 2.5 year old as my excuse lol. Let us know if the baking powder works. I did try Pantene recently for first time in ages and omg it left my hair greasier than before, almost sticky at the roots! Horrible! I'm using john frieda brilliant brunette now and its really good. Hope it gets better for you, it's so time consuming washing and drying your hair every day when you've got a wee one running about. Who would have thought basic hygiene would be seen as a luxury?

Found this on Dr Google as I've had problems with greasy hair before and found this to be true, the less often I washed it the less greasy it became .........

You might think that washing your hair every day will keep it grease free, but it can actually make it worse. If you wash your hair too often, then it just encourages your body to produce even more oil to replace the ones you just washed out. Try washing it every two to three days and, over time, the amount of oils produced in your hair will reduce.

I've always had greasy hair and washed it everyday. After DS1 who's 2.5 it was vile, greasy almost as soon as it was dry also never looked healthy. When I got pregnant again it seemed to get a bit healthier and a bit less greasy but I still washed it everyday. I'm waiting to see what happens next.

I tried not washing it everyday and just tying it back but would feel so dirty! I heard it takes about a mth for your hair to regulate. I've tried various shampoos for greasy hair - nothing has worked.

xx

I heard putting Johnsons Baby powder on your hair can make it look less greasy? Not sure if that's true or not..

I have to wash my hair everyday too. It feels so dirty if I don't!

Yes and my hair still falls out quite a lot.. I use a fresh shampoo now because it's my scalp that tends to get greasy and I make sure to use conditioner on my ends only for which I use one that's nourishing. I can't really use the same types anymore and for some reason shampoo for coloured hair seems to be awful for my hair!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one having a LO has affected their hair :)
Well i did the baking powder mixed with shampoo for first wash then just shampoo for 2nd wash and it does seem alot better today!! Not going to wash it today so hopefully by doing this may end the vicious cycle of washing it everyday and promoting more oils so that eventually I'm back to washing every other day without the baking powder....worth a try xx

Last edited:
Keep us posted - you can be my guinea pig to see if it works ;-) x

I mean don't get me wrong it's not like a freshly washed look but it's passablefor work etc ....I'm hoping anyway...Will see later if u can go to work with it like this lol xx

Mine is less how it looks and more how it feels on my head - if that makes sense! If it's not washed I just feel dirty lol x

Hi Bella! Good to read you again hun! Are you doing well? Not been in here for an age. I have cured my greasy hair by not using shampoo and conditioner. I have mega long hair and it looks great now. I use a good lemongrass shampoo soap and cider vinegar to rinse. Put a little vinegar in a jug, fill up with water, pour over your head, repeat and rinse once more with plain water and the results with me have been amazing! How much vinegar depends on your hair length. Test to find out! Hugs to you all!!

I'm good thanks hun how are you?....I pop on now and again. Hoping to start ttc baby number 2 at some point this year as jake is 2.5 this month.
Thank you for the top hun glad it's worked for you :) who would think having a LO would still be affecting us down the line and in ways we never predicted xx

How long did you find your hair falling out for? Its getting me down at the moment x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back