My 'group' physio for PGP OR SPD

redbear

Reaction score
Hi thought i would go through how it was....

Well it turned out the small group was actually me and another woman, and she didn't turn up so it was just me. I was looking forward to meeting other women so bit gutted but then again got one on one time so that was good.

Basically i have Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP) which is similar to SPD and the excercises symptoms etc are the same.

Im not allowed to do much and have to take it very easy because they dont want it getting worse, I was given a SOS number if it gets worse they will 'rush' me in and i would be given crutches. So not wanting that.

Basically i have to avoid going up and down stairs (i live in a three story house lol) Ironing (because of the rotation) the same with vacuming, No lifting not even my handbag she said to get one with a strap that goes over the sholder so im not carrying the weight on one side. Crossing my legs or standing for long periods.

Baically i should sit rocking on my birthing ball and let OH do everything. He thinks im making it up lmao.

The good news is that it should go away after birth, She gave me some good advice for labour, and the painkillers, advice and excersises should make it really easy to stop it getting worse.

She was a loverly woman and very helpful although i can do the tummy excercises i can't seem to do the pelvic floor muscle one :roll:.
Im going to give it my best shot tho.

And i definatly want a water birth now! She said it would take all the weight off my pelvis, i wanted one before but now i really really do.... its first come first serve tho and there is only one pool!

But now im thinking... im having a big baby, and now i have this PGP im going to ask the consultant what happens if i go overdue. I don't want to get to the point where i can't move!

Anyway in a good mood now think it went well x

glad to know it went well, my friend had her baby 2 weeks ago and she really suffered with PGP but said it went away really soon after the birth so fx it will be the same for you. Tell OH to get the hoover ut and make you a cup o tea :)xx

Yeh if i take it easy it should go away a couple of weeks after so :D No perminant damage lol... Dont worry ive already told Oh he has to do everything.... to be fair he did loads anyway cos he knew it hurts my hips x

aww bless him, you havnt got too long to go im sure it seems like a long time but fx itl go quickly for you. defo agree that a water birth would prob be the best option, could you hire one out I was looking on the internet and a few places will drop it ff at the hospital/ at home 3/4 weeks before the birth then you have it incase of early labour and you keep it until 2 weeks after your due date, think they cost a fair bit though xx

Thanks- yeh it was i didn't realise what i have had a name etc i just thought it was pelvis pain lol.
I dont know if it will work but i will try anything!
Im glad i didn't carry on working longer than i did or i would be in more pain now i think!
How are you MrsMC

Im going to ask the consultant about my chances of getting one they may have more now i dont know, will look into the hire thing tho Thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back