my gorgeous baby boy 14/06/13

mummyoftwo12

Reaction score
Thought I would write my birth announcement while I have the chance lol..although my gorgeous boy is here I've still been checking in tri 3 watching for the labour threads!

Anyways here I go lol..I had been getting checked for cholestasis since 29 weeks every 2-3 weeks and every test came back normal which made me think I was going crazy as I was very itchy and having it in a previous pregnancy I knew what it felt like..my test result taken at 37 weeks showed that my bile level had risen to 11 (online it says this is borderline) but my consultant said it was still in normal range..baring in mind I was still itching and the results can change within 3 days I was made to wait another 2 weeks for the test to be taken again and would be reviewed again the week after at 40 weeks pregnant..had my bloods taken on the tuesday at 39+1 and on the wednesday afternoon I noticed babys movement was crazy he was going mad asif he was inn distress so out came my doppler and his heartrate was sky high at which point I went on google (you would have thought would have learnt not to do this) but I read horror stories of babys cord being wrapped around the neck leading to not nice outcomes!..so I picked up my notes and walked upstairs to ring my midwife but as I was typing in the number I get a phone call from an unknown number..I answered it and it was the midwife telling me that my blood test came back high and they have spoke to my consultant and they want to induce me tomorrow! (My head was all over at this point omg!)..she asked me to come down to the hospital at 3pm on thursday to check if they needed to use a pessary or if my cervix was already open to be able to break my waters..I asked about the movement and she said it was compleatly normal and only to worrie about decreased movement..so that night me and the oh went for a long walk to see if I could get labour to start naturally but no joy lol

Thursday 13th went into hospital at 3pm as asked and after waiting a few hours mw checked me to find I was just say 1cm not enough to break my waters so they would need to insert a pessary but as they were soo busy they had no mw spare if the pessary was to start my labour so it was not safe to do this at the minute..I was put on the trace and they were happy with movement and told me it would be atleast 10 before they were able to start any induction method..so we asked if we could go home to get some tea arrange clothes for our girls to wear the next day etc and she said that would be fine..I came back at 10.30 and was told they were still too busy on labour ward..around 11pm a mw came in and said it was finally quiet enough put me on the trace for half an hour he was asleep so had to try wake him..finally he woke and she put in the pessary (which was very painful)..I was hoping to go into labour during the night but I didn't lol

Friday 14th around 7am I was getting contractions which were not too bad but I knew something was happening (I was soo happy about this as I really didn't want to be put on a drip to start the contractions)..these contractions started getting closer together fast and I paniked as my mam and oh were still not here at this point..I buzzed the buzzer and asked for some painkillers..20 mins later still no painkillers so again a rang the buzzer I told her how painful these were and close together so she said it would be best to be checked..she checked me and I was 5cms! She transfered me straight to labour ward and my mam and oh just turned up at this point thank god! Lol..she them broke my waters I lasted quite a while with no pain realief with contrcactions every 2 minutes and strong.. They became even more intense so I started the gas and air..I was them feeling like I needed to push so she checked me and said baby was back to back and I was only 7-8cms so I must not push..I tried to change position to see if gravity would help but as soon as I got on my knees I honestly felt he was going to drop out so I turned back round..the pain was soo intense I asked for pethedine she gave me the pethedine and left the room (pethedine takes 30 mins to work and get into the blood stream)..this time I knew I needed to push 10 minutes after she gave me the injection but mam and oh thought it was because of baby being back to back but I couldn't stop myself mam looked down and could see his head! No mw in sight she ran out for mw she ran in and his head was already out..2 more pushed and he was born!

My gorgous baby boy Oliver James was born at 12.34 weighing 8lb and 21 inches..head full of hair and absolutly perfect..I was soo glad he was here before the pethedine went to him but 5 minutes after he was born it started to kick in and it was horrible I was high as a kite I couldn't stop being sick it made my itching worse my arms and legs actually everywhere was itchy..I couldn't even get off the bed to have a shower as I was soo high I would have fell over..I just wish I had believed myself in knowing he was going to be here soon instead of listening to the mw who said it could have been a couple of hours! Lol..anyways he was worth everything..we had to stay in overnight as I was trying to breastfeed and he wouldn't latch on but eventually got out late afternoon on the 15th..

Its been very hectick and hard work looking after a newborn who wouldn't feed properly and 2 other children under 5 lol..but I wouldn't change a thing..he is now doing great and feeding well and is an absolute joy..I'm soo lucky to be blessed with the healthy children I have..if you have read this far sorry if I have bored you it was a long post lol..look forward to reading everyone elses birth anouncements! :)

Attachments

• IMG-20130617-01335.jpg
    IMG-20130617-01335.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG-20130622-01443.jpg
    IMG-20130622-01443.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 49
Congratulations, he's lovely xx

aahh hun hes so scrummy!

congratulations!! xxx

Last edited:
He's beautiful hunni. A little stunner. Be proud you did it all with no pain relief it's hard to do, but yes as you said there so worth it. Guess I'll be in your hoes soon enough, with 2 under 5 and a baby. But every smile melts our hearts well done hunni x x x

What a handsome little boy congrats xx

He is adorable, makes you just want to cuddle him. Congratulations. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back