My girlfriend has quit smoking

JMC

Reaction score
My girlfriend has quit smoking after years of the buggers because shes pregnant

She's doing amazingly well, she just stopped and hasnt touched another since !!

I'm just wondering... does being pregnant reduce the craving for a ciggy at all?

She hasnt smoked for a good few weeks now so i've stopped being supportive as it appears she's 'quit' but will the craving be as real as it was the day she stopped?

I still crave cigarettes really badly at times but you realise that there is this lil someone who is growing inside you that you love so much and wouldn't want to hurt it in anyway possible. God forbid what i'll be like once i've had him though..i really hope i don't start again but spose i'll cross that bridge when i get to it.

Mica & Bump
xXx

I didn't crave cigarettes at all when I was pregnant, the thought of them meade me feel sick. I actually quit 2 days before I found out I was expecting. Well done to your OH :clap:

Its just that she says she cant wait till the baby is born so she can smoke again...

Hopefully by then the craving will be so low she wont want to... plus it would be bad for the baby

I dont think she will :wink:

Well done to her.

I gave up as soon as I found out I was preg, it was easy for me coz the morning sickness put me off lol. But even after the morning sickness passed there was only a couple of times I thought I could really do with a fag.

Even now after he's born im not smoking...well not much, bout 5 a day, if that lol.

Rachel xx

I gave up the second i found out i was pregnant and havent gone back since, even the smell of them now turns my stomach...
1387.gif

stephlw25 said:
I gave up the second i found out i was pregnant and havent gone back since, even the smell of them now turns my stomach...
1387.gif

Thats good ! I know she still feels like one... but maybe it will turn her sick at the thought soon enough :D

Good for her! Ive never smoked in my life, so i dont know how it affects you in pregnancy!

once i found out i was preg i stopped smoking but craved them but new i couldnt lol now i only smoke a few a day when feel stressed but with all the arguements with her dad recently bin smoking a lot more :?
well dun all those that have stopped :clap:
xxxx

bekki_16 said:
once i found out i was preg i stopped smoking but craved them but new i couldnt lol now i only smoke a few a day when feel stressed but with all the arguements with her dad recently bin smoking a lot more :?
well dun all those that have stopped :clap:
xxxx

Yeh people will say your being selfish if you dont quit instantly when you fall pregnant

But they forget that its a serious addiction that you cant just turn off

Obviously a baby is a bigger reason to sacrifice your habbit, but its still amazingly hard !!

It really is important to stop smoking altogether when your pregnant, certainly cutting down is a step in the right direction but hopefully you can stop altogether

The sooner the better

Good luck

i smoked 20 a day until the day i found out i was preggers. i stopped straight away for the baby but craved one every single day.

JMC said:
Its just that she says she cant wait till the baby is born so she can smoke again...

thats exactly what i said and 4 weeks after having Reece i started again :( I only have 1 or 2 a night outside when Reece is in bed. i dont really think about them through the day just on a night when there's nothing to do.

Have been ordered by OH though to stop when my baccy runs out which will be in about 2 days! i'm dreading it :cry:

I quit smoking the day we decided to start trying for a baby. It was very hard as at one point I was smoking 40 a day and I dont have strong will power, but having a baby was such an important thing to me and I was determined to do everything I could to give it the best start in life, So I have now quit for a year and a half and I have frequently had times when I really want to smoke but now I have got this far, I dont want to go back to it ever again. By the time your little one is born the smoking ban in public places will be in place, so that may discourage your other half from starting up again, as if she cant smoke in the home cause of the baby, and cant smoke in public, its not such an attractive idea, when it means standing outside freezing your arse off being rained on, all in order to smoke a fag!

I got my firsts bfp on Friday.... And i had my last cig last night.... It's been over 12 hours, and according to alan carr's book my blood is already more oxgenised (sp) than it probably has been for years, so of course that will be helping iccle bub...

I've just gone cold turkey.,... was on about 10-15 a day. I didn't actually think i could do it but last night having a cig just knocked me sick!!
If i can get through the next 7 days without temptation i should be home free!!! lol!!!!

Hope your girlfriend changes her mind about keeping smoking after she'd had the baby JMC! xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back