My gf won't talk to me ...

male30

Reaction score
My Gf wont talk to me..
Today, 13:07 PM Report Post #1

Hi Guys,

need some advice.

been with my girlfriend for 5 months, 2 weeks ago we found out shes 7 weeks pregnant.
it wasnt planned so came as a shock but we seemed to be ok with it we had a really good relationship all seemed to be going fine.

then a week later, she started becoming very distant, and then messaged me saying shes not sure if this is the right thing, and that she needs space etc.

ive tried giving her a little space but she hasnt spoke to me at all for a week.

im trying to be as supportive as i can but i dont really know what im supposed to be doing.

ive read on a few forums that this is fairly common and that it can happen in the first trimester.

just looking for general advice really.

thanks in advance x

Hello:)

In general she's going through a lot. How old is your gf if you don't mind me asking?

There's a good chance she's still trying to get over the shock and figure out what to do, especially if this was unplanned. How did you react when she told you?

Again this is just my opinion....I know I acted strange when I first found out. But if she needs space, I'd give her a little. Just keep trying to reach out and be there for her when she's ready. And try not to take it personally because most likely the way shes acting is not about you. I'm sure she doesn't mean to be pulling away...but a baby is a big thing.

Hey thank you for the reply :)

Yeah she's only 22 so I completely understand she must be going through all sorts of emotions!
Think I've just gone into panic mode as its been a seemingly really good relationship and in the space of two weeks she's completely ignoring me!

Yeah my reaction was good I was happy even though it was unplanned!

Thank you, I'm being as patience as I can, the more I've read up on how this can affect her I've understood a little more and trying to give her as much space as she needs! She's a lovely girl so it was a shock to the system with her being so horrible to me haha

yeah I understand. 22 is pretty young. I know I needed my space and mine didn't act as excited as you. who knows whats going through her mind right now, but when shes ready she will come to you, im sure of it. Just keep reminding her youre there for her

Ah how far gone are you? :)
Yeah I hope so! I've sent flowers and chocolates that should be delivered today so if that doesnt help then I'm going into hiding for a while haha 😁

aww that's cute. im currently not pregnant . good luck and let us know how it goes!

It's nice to see posts from the dads to be especially ones like this where you are concerned about the welfare of your girlfriend. The only thing I can suggest is to let her know how supportive you will be of anything she wants or needs- have you thought about writing a letter? Something like saying how you will be there for anything she wants, you want to grow together as a couple and just let you know if there is anything she needs just as a reminder you are waiting patiently for her but not wanting to pressure her

Good luck I hope it all works out well fro you both

Thank you for the message :)

Yeah I'm going to give her the space she needs but like you say maybe a little letter so she knows that'll I'll be there when she needs me :)

Just trying to not take it all personal now and just give her some time to herself :)

Thank you for the message :)

Yeah I'm going to give her the space she needs but like you say maybe a little letter so she knows that'll I'll be there when she needs me :)

Just trying to not take it all personal now and just give her some time to herself :)

Has anything changed? Keep us updated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back