My G/F is petrofied of needles !

JMC

Reaction score
Right, my girlfriend is absoultly petrofied of needles

So much so that she has said she would rather die than have a needle !!

She has needed a fillin for years but wont go because she needs a needle

She is, absoultly petrofied of them !! Its like her worst fear

Obviously now that she is pregnant she is going to need blood test (Even that makes me go white)

She knows she has to do it, but on the day im just not sure how she is going to react. I know their will be a lot of tears shed but i dont know if she will go through with it

Any advice... Anythin i can do? Anythin she can do?

I know everyone is scared of needles so dont you dare ignore my topic haha !!

i'm really scared of needles aswell well actually not so much injections as bloodtests thats because i had a few bad experiences...a nurse couldnt find my vein..when she did she collapsed it, then had to use my other arm and had trouble getting blood from there aswell! i looked down and saw her pushing the needle in and out and nearly passed out.

i have had to have a lot of blood tests during my pregnancy as my auntie lost her baby at full term last yr from a blood clotting ilness thats hereditry so i wanted to make sure i didnt have it. because i was worried about this and just wanted to make sure nothing bad would happen to my baby i had to put aside my fear and grit my teeth for a few mins..my partner held my hand and distracted me and it was over before i knew it.
i'm sure your girlfriend will be fine she just has to not look..think about something else and remember its over so quick and you do think "what was i so worried about"

Ive gotta say, they dont bother me at all..i will sit there and just let them get on with it.
Best thing she can do is not look, and the best thing you can do is just talk to her..chat about something to keep her mind off it and its over before you know it.

fran_23 said:
i'm really scared of needles aswell well actually not so much injections as bloodtests thats because i had a few bad experiences...a nurse couldnt find my vein..when she did she collapsed it, then had to use my other arm and had trouble getting blood from there aswell! i looked down and saw her pushing the needle in and out and nearly passed out.

i have had to have a lot of blood tests during my pregnancy as my auntie lost her baby at full term last yr from a blood clotting ilness thats hereditry so i wanted to make sure i didnt have it. because i was worried about this and just wanted to make sure nothing bad would happen to my baby i had to put aside my fear and grit my teeth for a few mins..my partner held my hand and distracted me and it was over before i knew it.
i'm sure your girlfriend will be fine she just has to not look..think about something else and remember its over so quick and you do think "what was i so worried about"

Yeh if she looked she would probably pass out. Im jsut worried if its going to be really painful...

I wish i could take it instead of her. Im petrified of blood tests aswell, but their is her worst nightmare come true

Its really getting to her

give her a baby magizine lol get her to read that no other ideas sorry lol

i was dreading my needle!!!

make sure she eats first other wise she could pass out!

also dont get to the appointment to early otherwise she will be thinking about it to much!

im exactly the same i am petrified of them! dont even get me started on the dentist :evil:

it doesnt help with me that my veins are near on invisible and they struggle to find them :evil:

i dont have any advice on how she can deal with having the blood tests done but i will stress to her not to put it off like i did :oops: i only had my last lot taken last week n they were meant to be done at 28 weeks :oops:

I have a needle phobia and was passing out every time before I discovered the wonder that is EMLA cream!

I get some form the midwife everytime I'm at the hospital (I'm having to give blood samples EVERY WEEK! :( ).

It's an anasthetic cream which you blob on your arm and put a clear plaster over. After about half an hour you can't feel a thing and if I can get someone to keep me talking the needle is in an out and I don't even know about it.

It's really helped me, hope it will help her! :D

My pal was terrified of needles, and she freaked when she went to have blood taken at her booking in appointment (midwife tried to hol her down any everything!!)

She went for a couple of sessions with a hypnotheapist and this really helped her.

She returned a few weeks later, and gave blood without a problem, and went on to have a healthy baby boy in November.

This really helped her.

Good luck :wink:

hevwithbump said:
i was dreading my needle!!!

make sure she eats first other wise she could pass out!

also dont get to the appointment to early otherwise she will be thinking about it to much!

Cracking advice! Thanks !!!!!

bubble_dreamer said:
im exactly the same i am petrified of them! dont even get me started on the dentist :evil:

it doesnt help with me that my veins are near on invisible and they struggle to find them :evil:

i dont have any advice on how she can deal with having the blood tests done but i will stress to her not to put it off like i did :oops: i only had my last lot taken last week n they were meant to be done at 28 weeks :oops:

I'll try my best. Its just a case of get it over an done with and hope shes ok

LittleMinx said:
I have a needle phobia and was passing out every time before I discovered the wonder that is EMLA cream!

I get some form the midwife everytime I'm at the hospital (I'm having to give blood samples EVERY WEEK! :( ).

It's an anasthetic cream which you blob on your arm and put a clear plaster over. After about half an hour you can't feel a thing and if I can get someone to keep me talking the needle is in an out and I don't even know about it.

It's really helped me, hope it will help her! :D

Wow !! I'll have to tell her about that !!

zoe c said:
My pal was terrified of needles, and she freaked when she went to have blood taken at her booking in appointment (midwife tried to hol her down any everything!!)

She went for a couple of sessions with a hypnotheapist and this really helped her.

She returned a few weeks later, and gave blood without a problem, and went on to have a healthy baby boy in November.

This really helped her.

Good luck :wink:

Yeh i think my girlfriend is going to give that a shot

But maybe it only works on some people...

But i think that combined with this cream could really take the weight off giving blood !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back