My friend wont stop showing off and bragging!!

MamaJay

Reaction score
Hi all
My best friend recently met a guy whos on a pretty decent wage. Anyway shes been with him just under 3 months.
She wont stop bragging.
He recently bought her a car. She sends me pictures of the car in the showroom to show the price and shes like
Oh my god hehehe he spoils me im so happy!
She also got the car today i dreamed about. Which made me pretty sad because she knew i always wanted a mercedes.

Then they booked a holiday and shes like
Omg 5 star hotel im going to feel so posh!

She constantly discusses the amount of money he earns too

Its been going on for 2 months now. I was so happy for her that she had found an amazing man with a top job.

But now... it just feels like shes rubbing it in my face. It actually upsetting me. I just act like im super pleased because ill end up flipping over it.

Shes become money mad.
Help.

Last edited:
I would be suspicious of someone who'd be so open about their finances and grooming early on in a relationship. I'd too be worried how'd shed adjust back to the previous ways of life if it would break down.

This was a concern of mine also... seems very early to be doing and discussing such serious things

Maybe she's all wrapped up in awe of the person she's met, but I agree it isn't usually all that perfect, chances are he's fiddled with the truth slightly, you wouldn't be opening up such financial information to someone you just met, he doesn't know your friend either so chances are he has just decided to spin her a story!

I would be a little annoyed as her friend too, not like you want to hear her harping on and on about it, can you not just pull her up on it and actually tell her she's going on about it a little too much?! and buying her a car after a couple of months is just utter madness. Surely she must see that?! xx

Maybe she's all wrapped up in awe of the person she's met, but I agree it isn't usually all that perfect, chances are he's fiddled with the truth slightly, you wouldn't be opening up such financial information to someone you just met, he doesn't know your friend either so chances are he has just decided to spin her a story!

I would be a little annoyed as her friend too, not like you want to hear her harping on and on about it, can you not just pull her up on it and actually tell her she's going on about it a little too much?! and buying her a car after a couple of months is just utter madness. Surely she must see that?! xx

Its crazy! Shes been with him 3 months next month. In that time hes gone back up on a house for her, bought her a car, wined and dined her booked a holiday etc

I wouldnt mind but she goes on and on and on

I dont know if i should pull her up because i know she will be thiking im saying it because im jealous

Which to be honest im really not. It just the showing off thing thats annoying me

Its constant. Hes got this hes got that he earns this earns that etc

Honestly i think its worrying hes grooming her so much... makes me wonder is he a weirdo in disguise

It never ends

Last edited:
Yeah I would have the same suspicions too is he just a complete weirdo in disguise?! And also what would he gain out of her if he was a weirdo?

I guess keep quiet for now if you think she might react badly, but if it continues too much just be friendly and mention that it has been the only thing she's gone on and on about lately and to tell the truth you are a little concerned?

All far too odd for my liking! Unless miracles really do happen in the world loL! xx

I agree that this does sound suspicious to me too. I would struggle with this because despite having a really great education (Masters Degree) I am still only working part time as is my husband and we struggle financially so hearing people almost rubbing our faces in it is so hard even if they 'dont know' they are doing it. I know someone who has to brag about everything they have and tell us how we should go here, do that, try this etc when they know fine well that its never going to happen so that is frustrating

If this friend of yours isnt a gold digger (im assuming she isnt) then is it possible he is using her for something? Plying her with all she has ever wanted and then do something untoward? It sounds all too good to be true and you know what they say, when it looks like it is, it probably is. Hopefully he is just very generous and is doing all he can to impress her but there is just something that feels a little off

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back