My first ever 2ww. This is hard.

Smce

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So I am 10dpo (I think). We have decided to not do pregnancy tests until I have actually missed my period. This is my first 2ww and its soooo long.

I have been reading other people's symptoms on the boards and I don't fit the bill. So I don't have high hopes but I can't believe I have to go through this 2 weeks every time lol

So I had one day of extreme tiredness, that ended the next day. I have gained 3lbs in bloating. This is odd for me as I am always the same weight until my period usually. Plus this is gross but I am very gassy. Eek

But I do wonder how psychological the 2ww is. Maybe the stress can cause symptoms? Or we can imagine symptoms.

Like this morning I walked through the corridor at work and it stank of cleaning products. Now it must smell the same everyday. Am I only noticing the smell because it could be a symptom? You know what I mean....?

Last edited:
Welcome to the madness that is the 2ww!!! Good luck, hope you get your bfp x

This is also my first 2WW of actively trying

I have a lot of the same things you are experiencing! I hope we both are getting early symptoms! x

Okay well we can do is wait......but I do feel different to last month. So fingers crossed! Good luck to you too!

Last month (first cycle) I had every symptom under the sun!! Bfn... This month I say I'm not going to symptom spot and notice basically nothing and BAM bfp!!

I think we overthink things more than imagine them but I'd say try not to symptom spot. Good luck!!

Okay so I'm trying not to think of symptoms as I don't want to convince myself I'm pregnant and then be let down in a weeks time.

But some are hard to ignore...

I can only imagine...must be such a crazy time! I had a miscarriage in May but pregnancy was unplanned, so when this flippin period decides to show up it'll be our first cycle ttc too.

I bet the symptoms drive you crazy but, if mine are anything like before miscarriage I'll know about it! So difficult to tell whether symptoms are there or It's the mind playing tricks, but some, definitely are a giveaway I guess, especially if your pre period time doesn't usually include them!

Good luck :)

Well I am very lucky with my monthly periods. I don't get symptoms. So the day beforehand period I get a strange feeling in my stomach. Not painful just strange and I knows period is due the next day. Been same for over 10 years. No cramps, no headaches, no pain, no weight gain, no nothing. So I'm not sure whether that means pregnancy will be the same. Or whether it will be payback time.

So today I am 12dpo and feel fine. I still have bloating which is odd but my feeling full feeling has gone. No longer tired. The only thing I would call a symptom is the gassyness/farting haha. Of course we all let rip the occasional one but its been constant for about 3 days and I am eating the same foods.

Other than that I'm normal. So I know I could test now but we said we would wait until a skipped period. So I'm sticking to the rules lol

Yes...stick to the rules ;) I sooo know I'm going to cheat haha! Still waiting for period 37 days and a counting. Perhaps it will behind if I stop thinking about it!

Do let us know how you get on when you do test :)

Excuse my phone...begin not behind! Lol

Okay so I don't know whether I am or not and only time will tell. I'm due my period Friday. I'm feeling a bit emotional today...

So I have wanted a baby for about 12 months but we decided to wait as we had a wedding booked. :)
Now we have ttc for our first month it's totally starting to freak me out...

What if I can't do it?
What if I'm a rubbish mum?
I don't know if I can handle bad news such as MC!
Soo many questions running through my head. Maybe I'm just emotional. It maybe the realisation that it is happening and we are finally trying. It feels more real!
Is this normal? To feel this way?

Last edited:
totally normal! theyre the same questions as i had (except id had a mc a year past october very early)

heres the good news... you will be fine and will cope
bad news... when it happens youll spend forever worrying that something goes wrong.

It completely normal to feel like that as for worrying about a misscarriage, it's horrible but you get through it. I lost ours at 13.5 weeks a week before my wedding. I was totally suprised at my strength as was my husband. try not to worry and think positive, all will work out and you will be a wonderful Mum. Just the fact you worry about not being already makes you a brilliant mum! xx

Thanks guys!

I've been naughty today (20mins ago) and took a test. I know I know I said I wouldn't.
I did as it asked and followed instructions. Big Fat Fail.
The control line was blank and the pregnancy box said pregnant. Which equals invalid.
I don't think I messed up.
Anyway I don't have any in the house and I'm just gonna stay in and be annoyed that the test was negative. Maybe a bit or a lot out of date lol

That will teach me to be naughty lol

Big fat sad face.

So today is 13days from when I think I ovulated. And 4 days until my cycle. I have spotting. Just a small amount of brown blood. and i feel boiling hot. I know the blood is too late to be implantation bleeding and I am going to assume it is an early period.

To be honest I don't usually get early cycles. I normally get spotting in the morning and my cycle in the evening.
But the past few months have been manic. Wedding stress, wedding, honeymoon. There are a whole host of reasons to warrant an early cycle.

Anyway that's me out for this month. I'm a bit disappointed but I knew it wouldn't happen right away.
So that's my first 2ww. Can't say I enjoyed it lol!
Hopefully next month I won't be so obsessed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back