My first born - Luca 5/10/2017

Allysa151

Reaction score
Hi everyone, it has been a while since I gave birth (2 months already), but since this topic was one of my favorite to read before having my baby I thought would be nice to write my experience as well!

39 w 4 days - pains and tightening s kept me up all night but I was sure must have been some bad BH and decided to wait a bit longer. At 10 am I was having them regularly but as a first time mum I wasn't sure if they were contractions . And oh my God, pains were getting worse . I noticed then my baby was not moving as before and called to maternity ward , the midwife telling me to come for a check . In the last moment I asked my hubby to take the hospital bag just in case ( haha). I was monitored for half an hour and all seemed well and the midwife offered to examine as I was still in a lot of pain . I was 4 cm dilated . I thought it is not big deal and they will send me home to progress but after that a doctor came in and told me that because I came in with 2nd reduced movements episode it would be better to be admitted and hopefully to have the baby today . My husband's reaction was the best - "but she is due in 3 days she is not supposed to have the baby today" I told him to shut up ��

At 2 pm I had my waters broke to find out it was meconium in it so the doctor came to me again to explain what it means and that we need to speed up the process so I was put on the drip .From this point I almost forgot my name because of the pain , a big thumbs up for everyone who did it without the epidural .Pains were so bad I thought I will die and with my last power I asked for epidural - at 6 cm dilated. First went in a blood vase , second one went straight in and I was pain free in next 10 minutes. Wow, what a game changer ! Next exam at 8 pm I was about 7 cm and around 11.30 pm I was fully dilated 10 cm , yey! My midwife told me to get ready because I will start pushing in the next half an hour . Not for long anyway , my baby's heartbeat was racing and the midwife called in the doctor . She told me they need to get the baby out as quick as possible so no time for pushing - I was also informed the baby will go straight with doctors arms as he needs to get checked for breathing difficulties because of the meconium .

12:30 am - the incubator was brought in my room and there was the doctor and 3 midwives. Have to say at this point I was a bit frightened, their faces looked worried . After a few more pushed the doctor decided we can't wait anymore and she will proceed with the forceps instead to get him out. She explained me what it means and that she will have to do an episiotomy and I signed the consent form. It helped on one hand that I did not feel any pain at all, but the bad part was that I did not feel much when I was pushing .
After a few pushes, an episiotomy and forceps at 1.20 am n 5th of October my baby boy was born safely ! When I heard his little cry I felt so relieved he is fine . Doctor quickly checked his breathing and assured me he is a healthy little boy then placed on my chest - 8 lb 4 oz of love . We are absolutely delighted and love him to bits . \

Few things which I leaned from my experience - yes , better believe when people say it does not go as planned and 2nd thing - in the future I will try to avoid using a high dose of epidural because I was to be able to feel when I am pushing.

All together I am very lucky that my boy arrived safely !Every childbirth is different and they all worth it!

Picture of my boy at one day old, and the second one at 2 months.

Attachments

• IMG_9630.jpg
    IMG_9630.jpg
    538.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0319.jpg
    IMG_0319.jpg
    533.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Aww congratulations! He’s adorable! I have a nephew called Luca, such a great name! Xx

Wow congrats! What an adorable little boy, Your husband reaction to the news that baby was coming a little bit before due date was too cute. How're you guys settling?

-Sev

Congratulations, he's adorable! :)

Congratulations, what a gorgeous boy. I love reading birth stories too.
It sounds very similar to my first birth but with an induction and a ventouse instead of forceps.
God bless epidurals. I could have hugged the anaesthetist.

Thank you everyone! Luca is doing great, unfortunately for his mamma he wakes up for feeds every 3 hrs and I am still dreaming to be able to sleep more than 3 hrs straight :)

Oh absolutely, God bless epidurals! People manage the pain differently, but I will say it again with the pains I was through I could't do it without the epidural.

x

Congratulation, he is lovely! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back