My FF 19WK Wants My Breast

Kitten1991

Reaction score
So this is a really odd one for me... i don't even know what to do... i thought once you dried up that was it...

I tried breast feeding my daughter when she was born but couldn't latch so for a while was combi feeding then just FF.

The last few days she has shown an interest in my left breast, she was trying to latch onto it through my top and then if i don't have my top on she will try and latch again...

I don't know what to do and google doesn't seem to be giving very good advice apart from it is possible to re-lactate.

Any advice or knowing i'm not the only one going through this would be amazing

It completely possible to get your milk back again after you have dried up, Infact even women who have never had a baby have managed to breastfeed an adopted baby. It might take quite a lot of time and dedication to get back to exclusive BFing. I think it mostly depends on how you feel about it. If you really want to breastfeed maybe contact a lactation consultant for guidance. I think it is often recommend to offer the breast first then top up with formula to start with. You can also try pumping befween feeds to increase supply and if you are really serious about it there is a device you can get that allows you to suppliment formula through a small tube at the same time as baby being latched onto your breast. If don't feel BFing is the way for you to go now there is no reason you cant continue to FF and let her latch on when she wants. She might get a bit of milk and enjoy the comfort of sucking. It seems like part of her still remembers how to do it :).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back