My dukan diet diary

jodied

Reaction score
Well a brief history...
I have a beautiful little girl Ella who is now 7.5 mths old :)
When I got married I was 10st7lbs and when I fell pregnant a few months later I was 11st.
Since having Ella I have managed to lose most of the weight that I put on during pregnancy (about 3st in total) but I have now hit a plateau so now I'm going to try the dukan diet as I've got PF friends who have used it successfully. My plan is to get back to 10st7lbs ASAP so that we can start ttc a little brother or sister for Ella. Will weigh in tomorrow morning when the diet officially starts! :)

My starting statistics:
Weight - 11st5lbs
BMI - 24.95
Bust - 39"
Waist - 32"
Hips - 39.5"

Goodluck hunny and :yay: for a brother or sister for Ella :D x x

Day 1 (attack phase):
Breakfast - scrambled eggs and smoked salmon, fat free vanilla yoghurt with wheat bran (couldn't get oat bran in asda!)
Lunch - king prawns, sliced ham, salmon fillet cooked in lemon juice, fat free raspberry yoghurt, strawberry jelly cubes
Dinner - tandoori chicken breasts x2, fat free vanilla yoghurt and more jelly
Drinks - water, tea with skimmed milk, diet coke
Exercise - about 35m walking, 20 lengths at swimming
Comments - not felt hungry at all, had a bit of stitch late afternoon and felt a bit like heartburn after dinner but felt fine otherwise

Day 1 results:
Weight: 11st5lbs (no change)
BMI: 24.91 (-0.04)
Well on the positive my BMI has decreased a little but if I'm honest I was hoping for a couple of pounds as I've heard of really dramatic weight losses initially but will stick with it and see how it goes

Last edited:
Day 2 (attack phase):
Breakfast - natural yoghurt with wheat bran
Lunch - king prawns, sliced chicken, bacon omelette, blackurrant jelly cubes
Dinner - homemade burgers x2, chicken breast with bacon and extra light Philadelphia, fat free raspberry yoghurt and more jelly
Exercise - 2x35m walking
Comments - still not felt hungry at all, quite easily managed to avoid eating mince pies at a coffee morning and even grated cheese for hubby's dinner without really wanting it

Day 2 results:
Weight: 11st5lbs (no change)
BMI: 24.95 (+0.04 and back to starting BMI)
:-( really a bit disheartened that I haven't seen any weight loss at all after two days on the diet but I'm going to stick it out and ask advice from the girls who have done it

I've not heard of this diet, might need to look into it, hope it works for you

Day 3 (attack phase):
Breakfast - fat free vanilla yoghurt with wheat bran
Lunch - king prawns, smoked salmon, sliced chicken, 2x hard boiled eggs, raspberry jelly cubes, fat free raspberry yoghurt
Dinner - homemade burgers x3, roast chicken breast and more jelly
Drinks - water (more than before), tea with skimmed milk, diet coke
Exercise - 2x1hr walking at zoo
Comments - still not felt hungry at all, need to wee a lot more but guess that's because I have upped the water - fingers crossed I start to see the results when I weigh in in the morning

You are doing so well hunny, good luck for your weigh in x x

Day 3 results:
Weight: 11st3lbs (-2lbs)
BMI: 24.71 (-0.24)
:clap: I lost some weight!! Feeling much more encouraged now and going to keep drinking lots of water

Day 4 (attack phase):
Lunch - king prawns, smoked salmon, roast chicken breast, 2x hard boiled eggs, fat free strawberry yoghurt
Dinner - spicy mussels, sliced ham, tinned tuna, fat free vanilla yoghurt
Exercise - not really done a specific walk today other than round asda! :-(
Comments - ate out for dinner and just had starter size of mussels which didn't come with chips and fed the bread to Ella! Did really fancy wine when saw people having it at the pub and hubby then worked late so I watched a film and on any other night that would have meant wine and chocolate so I'm proud I just snacked on ham and tuna!! Hoping lack of a proper walk doesn't stop there being a weight loss

Last edited:
Day 3 results:
Weight: 11st3lbs (-2lbs)
BMI: 24.71 (-0.24)
:clap: I lost some weight!! Feeling much more encouraged now and going to keep drinking lots of water

Well done hunny :) you are doing great x x

I read on an aol thread/article that the dukan diet wasnt a safe one. But cant see how not as you seem to be eating quite healthily. You are doing really well keep up the good work xx

Day 4 results:
Weight: 11st2lbs (-1lb so -3lbs total)
BMI: 24.53 (-0.18 so -0.42 total)
:yay: going in the right direction! Originally was only planning on a four day attack phase but as the weight has only started coming off in the last couple of days I'm definitely doing it again today (day 5) and will decide tomorrow whether to do it until day 7

Your doing really well Hun! think i might have to try something like this as i've platued at 10 stone 11lb x

Day 5 (attack phase):
Lunch - ham and onion omelette
Dinner - prawns, flaky salmon, smoked salmon with a mousse in it, tandoori chicken, fat free raspberry yoghurt
Exercise - not really done a specific walk today other than shopping in town
Comments - still not felt hungry at all or had any real cravings

Day 5 results:
Weight: 11st1lb (-1lb so -4lbs total)
BMI: 24.29 (-0.24 so -0.66 total)
:yay: only 1lb according to the weight but actually nearer 2 if you check out the BMI!! So that's 4lbs in 5 days and I'm pretty pleased with that! Might have veg tonight with roast dinner at my mums (so effectively would be a cruise day) but might not end up going as Ella has a horrid cold poor thing :-( so if we stay home then I will do another pure protein day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back