My docs surgery is crap!

puzzle

Reaction score
I am soooo annoyed right now. I called up my docs wen i 1st found out i was pregnant (at 4 weeks) they told me to book in with docs at around 8 weeks for 1st antenatal. I did that and had that appt 2 weeks ago, the doc told me i would need a proper 1hour long booking in appt with a midwife ideally before 10 weeks so i came stright out of my docs appt to book that appt that day. they had none free until i am 11+6 so i booked it. Just called to try chase up my 12 week scan and the receptionist said "they'll send off for that at your 1st midwifes appt". told her that i will alredy be 12 weeks at that appt and she said theres nothing she can do.
Now i am fed up, i'm sure certain screening tests etc have to be done by around then and i am worried i am going to miss out on them. Not really sure what to do now.
About all the receptionist said was that the midwifes have their clinic there on a thursday afternoon so i can call then and see if they MIGHT call me back or talk to me about it.

Most annoying thing is wen i called up to book that 1st docs appt if they had told me that i had to have my midwife appt so soon afterwards and that they gfet soo booked up i would have booked it there and then and none of this would be a problem.

My GP is the same. I'm 6 weeks and supposed to have scan at 7 weeks, but still no heard anything! When I asked about booking appt, they said midwife would contact me about 16 weeks!. How does that work when they have to book me a 12 week scan?

And yes, you need the nuchal fold test between 11 and I think 14 weeks. But 12 weeks is the ideal time. I'm going to ring my GP now. Do they not understand we don't need the additional stress!

Im so sorry hun, they shudnt be so useless. I think the tests have to be done between 11-13 but im sure that if you ring the mw then she shud be able to speak to you and sort sumthing out it is there job after all.

Michelle. x

Can you ring your midwife direct and explain? It's not fair that you're likely to miss out on the screening xx

You can always have your pregnancy care with another GP you sign a form when pregnant and GP gets a lump sum off the government to look after you in pregnancy. It is your choice where you go. The MW should be your point of contact now not the Dr he/she is there if you need iron or antibiotics for a UTI etc. The mw does everything else, try and get MW number as they can book you at home if clinic full.

Its the midwife that gives us her numbers directly the receptionist apparently doesnt have them. And i haven't booked in with her yet so apparently can only speak to her through the reception if they call me back. I have called the midwife unit at the hospital and they have taken all my details and booked me an appt a few days earlier at the hospital and have said that if they get any free time in the mean time they will call me and come see me earlier. Still going to ring on thursday aswell just in case they can do anything

There must be a way. My booking in appt isn't till
Tomorrow but I've had my scan date through from the hosp already (last week in fact!)
I really don't like receptionist at doctors- some are ok but most of the are really rude and don't know what they're talking about!

Rang my drs back and spoke to receptionist. She got so confused with all my questions, she just gave me the midwifed number. When I spoke to the midwife, she said they aren't supposed to give out her number, but glad I got hold of her as the receptionist is giving out incorrect info! I'm in the system now, but still gotta wait for dating scan before they will book me in.

After all the phone calls i made the other day and how much i worked myself. Mr postman has just been with my scan date. Proving that my doctor knows bugger all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back