My daughter

paiges_mummy

Reaction score
has started to call people a wanker :shock: :shock: :shock:

I tell her its naughty etc and she just laughs at me :wall: :wall:

ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Don't tell her off... Just say quietly to her, please don't say that... then ignore her when she laughs... I would also remove her from any situation and make her be on her own for a while... if she wants to call people that name, she has to realise that people arn't going to want to be around her, including you.

Tia when through a stage around 4ish calling people bum in Spanish... she'd picked it up from school... and obviously thought it was funny because all the other kids did... When she realised that mummy didn't find it funny or that she couldn't get my attention by saying it, she stopped.

Now she uses the Spanish f word a lot if she's frustrated at things etc... She uses it in the right context though (although I wish not as frequently as she does) but then we all swear to some extent... and as long as we can get the swearing restricted to the right context then that's a much better solution. Thing is I swear, so can't tell her not to, but I do not agree with swearing AT people. So like the other day when she dropped her dinner plate and broke it, she swore loudly, exactly as I would have done... but if we have an argument we never swear or call each other names... that's a lack of respect.

Thing is you LO would have had to have picked this up from someone/somewhere... and has now realised that she can get a reaction out of mummy if she says it.... Either you need to find out where this swearing is coming from and restrict it at the source (if possible) or you need to make her aware that you aren't interested in her when she uses that language.

Aaron said the f word the other day. It wasn't aimed at anyone but the best thing I did was ignore it. As soon as they don't get any attention from it they won't say it anymore. I have to watch everything I say around him now but it's hard if you swear and it just comes out. Shows how much they listen! I was apalled with myself and DH though when my innocent little boy came out with it! It's awful!

Completely ignore it, we had the same with paris when she was the same age except it was nob head

yeah, ignore it. My nephew got into trouble for calling someone a 'smelly willy' at pre school. My brother had to ignore it cos he found it too funny to have a talk with him about it.....the teachers told him off though and he's been good since :D

sazzylou said:
yeah, ignore it. My nephew got into trouble for calling someone a 'smelly willy' at pre school. My brother had to ignore it cos he found it too funny to have a talk with him about it.....the teachers told him off though and he's been good since :D
:rotfl: The thing is that children say things as they are so the teachers prob agreed wholeheartedly with your nephew and the kid he called a smelly willy prob was! :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back