My Completed Family

gemmylou

Reaction score
Well, here I am, mummy to James Oliver (03/06/12) and Imogen Clare (13/11/14).

Today I came home from hospital and started to embark upon the journey of being a family of four. Let's see what life has in store for us.....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416087524.663618.jpg

:love:

Yaaay!!

I'm LOVING the name Imogen!!

I mentioned it to hubby and he said it was beautiful!!

I might need to steal it... (for the baby that is not yet conceived and will def be a boy! lol!)

XX

Thank you!! And Emily, steal away haha!!

Last night was hard. Imogen is being bottle fed as we found out with James that I am unable to breastfeed. It took some time for Imogen to take to the teat in hospital, using those ready sterilised ones, but we got there!!

However, once we'd used our supply up at home yesterday, we introduced our bottles to her which have a different shaped teat. Well, we went back to square one last night with her not taking to the teat, so she only had tiny amounts and woke up every hour!!!!!

To top it off, James came running through to our room at 1am and took an hour and a half to get back to sleep!!!

Needless to say, hubby and I are knackered today haha. However, so far, teat training with Imogen is going ok. It's a slow feeding process, but she's taking a decent feed.

I am praying it continues so that she goes back to waking every 3 hours through the night instead of every 1!!!!

Lovely to see your journal hun and congratulations once again!

You have a little Gemini (like me :lol:) and a little Scorpio (like my James :lol:). Not that I believe in all that but still.

I can only imagine how full on the early days are? People usually say once you've had number 1 it's easier but I don't see how it can be? You have number 1 to look after and number 2??? :shock:

I am sure you are doing amazingly though.

I cannot believe little Imogen is finally here, bless her. I adore the name but won't be 'stealing' this one as well

X

Last edited:
Thank you Nat!! Won't be long until it's you too! Not going to lie, it's been "easy" so far with hubby being off. Next week is the real test when he goes back to work.

I was totally right about the other night. Imogen got the hang of the new teats that day and has been a dream since. She has a bottle at 11pm ish, then sleeps until 3am ish, then sleeps again until 7am ish :shock: I feel amazing sleep-wise, maybe because I was expecting it to be horrendous.

James is fine too, he's not waking up until 5/6am for a wee, then gets into our bed for a little snuggle before we get up for the day.

Imogen had her repeat hearing test today, and eventually, we got the all clear and discharged. Phew!! Got my midwife and health visitor next Thursday, which is also my dad's birthday. Should be a busy day!

Aww clever girl!!

Sleep makes everything better doesn't it.

:)

XX

Poor Imogen has to have her heel prick test repeated tomorrow :( There was an error with the data on her card last time. I'm dreading these results after my nephew was diagnosed with CF through this, especially because she was so tiny at 43 weeks gestation! Realistically, she can't have it - but until I know for sure it's going to niggle.

Anyway, apart from this and facing my hubby going back to work, loving my little family!

Here's my little princess, Imogen....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416772054.766450.jpg

And here is James and Imogen in their onsies - photo taken at James' request!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416772129.598448.jpg

In a happy little bubble :D

Awww so happy right now!! My clever baby girl was born weighing 6lb 12oz. At her 5 day check she weighed 6lb 13oz which we were made up with that she had put on weight!

Well today, when my midwife repeated the heel prick test, she also weighed Imogen again too for me, and my clever girl is now 7lb 3oz :D

This makes me believe she can't have CF because her weight gain is too good!! Really hope her results come back all clear now!

First day on my own with a newborn and a 2 1/2 year old, 12 days after my c section. Let's see how this goes then....

Good luck hun, I am sure you'll be fine??

X

Gosh Gem, I've been so distracted with moving and stuff I didn't read the worry about the heel prick test.

As you know CF was a potential issue for us with this little lady and even though we've had it ruled out, I am still going to be bricking it when the time comes for the test.

I am sure all will be fine, when will you find out?

Your babies are both so beautiful.

X

Last edited:
So far I'm surviving haha!! One mini tantrum before nap time for James, but other than that he's been really good.

It's so silly isn't it Nat?! I got the all clear from my test, but that hasn't stopped me from worrying! Just like you, it was ruled out, yet you will still worry just in case too. Can take up to 4 weeks here for the result. Good job I've got Christmas to distract me!

And thank you for that lovely comment, I'm obviously ridiculously biased and completely agree with you haha!

Xx

Day 3 of being on my own, and it's already the "norm". Think it helps that James is brilliant with Imogen, and really patient with me for a 2 year old!!!

Got the Health Visitor this afternoon, and at some point I need to see my dad as it's his birthday today. Also need to teach myself how to use a wrap sling too! Busy day :)

It's my Dad's birthday meal tonight at their house, and I am so excited because it's a cook your own affair, and we get to use this bad boy!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417268559.984883.jpg

It's so much fun haha!!! Be good to get out of this bloody house too. Sick of the same four walls, so God knows how poor James feels. Hubby has promised that on his day off tomorrow, we'll go SOMEWHERE and do SOMETHING! I am very relieved!

Well yesterday, I did something stupid. I was on my own with James, who desperately needed a wee, so I lifted him onto the toilet and felt a twinge to the left side of my wound. My midwife was coming to see me today anyway, so I knew I was going to get her to look at it. Was in pain last night with it :( Anyway, she looked at it and said it's been pulled. Need to keep an eye on it. She's not worried at the moment (as long as I behave myself and stop doing too much too soon) but if there's any change, I need to get it seen to. I knew I shouldn't lift him, but I also couldn't leave him to wet himself either.

On a different note, Imogen got weighed again today and the little porker is now 7lb 15 and a half oz!! First I'm worried she's not going to have put enough weight on, then I'm worried she's putting too much on!!! She can't win bless her lol!

Well I've seen the damage that I've done to my wound - I have a hole!!!!! No sign of any infection yet, but I am keeping my eye on it closely. Trust me hey?! Might get my mum to have a look at it tomorrow when I go round, she's a nurse so will be able to have her medical hat on. Really hope it heals by itself :(

Hayley (midwife) is on her way to check my wound - it was leaking liquid out of the hole :(

Yeah, I'm fine thank goodness. No sign of infection whatsoever. Banned from doing anything pretty much though so as not to pop anymore sutures. Ooops!! Hope you're ok too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back