My boy looks too small 33 month old on 13th centile for height

Bala123

Reaction score
Hi ladies I’m too worried about my son. He was born below the charts on 35 week with just 1.7 kg weight. Now he is doing fine in everything but still so small. His dad is 177 cm and I’m 147 cm. my elder daughter have good height according to her age. She is above 50th centile from start. But I’m too worried about my son. I know I sound weird. My son grandad, uncles and aunts used to say his height will be same like his mum. He will be small He is lil bit above 9th centile. I try to feed him a lot so that he can gain weight but he is refusing food. He is on 27th centile for his weight. Any of you experience what I’m experiencing?

Hi Bala, I'm a bit confused. Is he on the 13th or 9th centile height-wise? Have they told you to keep an eye on his height? Because he could just be taking after you. I know a couple where she is 1m50ish and he's almost 2m and their son was on the small side for the first few months because he was born 5 weeks early. He did grow quickly and is now quite tall for his age. Maybe your little one needs to catch up?x

He is between 9 and 25th centile. The chart shows 13th centile

QUOTE="Kitana, post: 5043050, member: 177239"]Hi Bala, I'm a bit confused. Is he on the 13th or 9th centile height-wise? Have they told you to keep an eye on his height? Because he could just be taking after you. I know a couple where she is 1m50ish and he's almost 2m and their son was on the small side for the first few months because he was born 5 weeks early. He did grow quickly and is now quite tall for his age. Maybe your little one needs to catch up?x[/QUOTE]

If he’s eating fine and otherwise happy, don’t worry about it. We all grow at different rates.. Someone has to be 50th percentile and equally someone has to be 9th!

I agree with Winterwolf, I wouldn't worry about it too much unless they told you to have it investigated. If you're on the small side, he might just take after you.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back