My boss is SO awkward!!

Jojo84

Reaction score
First he told me I need to reduce hours as I felt 14hour shifts weren't suitable. Then I said I wouldn't and he said I'd basically be in every day as a result :(

So awkward!!

So now instead of 8-6pm he has me 12-10pm every day :( going to be shattered!!

Surely not every day hun?? Ul have to tell him thats not suitable for you. Maybe speak to mw see if she has any advice for you.

Michelle. x

He was determined to have me on 14 hour shifts, I said 3 shifts one week and 4 the next would work but he's going to give me 6 short evening shifts and I work somewhere else the other day :( that's every day this week and next at least :(

That's not fair. Is there not a union rep you can speak to? x

There must be something that can be done. It does seem that your boss is being very hard on you. I hope you get somthing sorted x

That is really not right, i had to adjust my hours slightly at work fairly early on due the my severe sickness and they really have to accomadate u. I had to start coming in an hour later as sickness was worst and i couldnt do the late shifts as i would spend the whole of the last couple of hours in the loo when there was just 2 members of staff in. Which of course wasnt practical if i was actually needed

You really need to talk to them again, or maybe sumone who is above your boss?? Or speak to mw see if she can help. You cant work that much its not fair.

Michelle. x

Wow that's not fair at all that's long shifts pregnant or not but definitely with you being pregnant I would try speak to someone xx

Thats so wrong! Not only because of how tired you're going to be but also the risk! He sounds like a very nasty man. I know its probably over the top but i think i would talk to him about the risk of mc and if he backs u into a corner and something happens, tell him that u will sue him. Also, i'm sure if u look online there will be some legislation u can show him because it is technically discrimination. Xxx

I said I'd work 8 hrs and he huffed so I caved and said 10 :( but 10 is still a long shift. I'm just so worried they'll move me and put me in a service miles from home. My queasiness kicks in about 5pm/ I can feeling now actually... Kinda like I need to gag so that's going to be fun!

We have a new rota period starting next week so ill wait to see what he puts in place

Has he done a pregnancy risk assessment yet? I would put it in writing that the hours are not suitable and why they are not suitable and if need be then get your doctor or midwife to write a letter to support this. You are pregnant and he has a duty to accommodate your requirements within reason and it sounds like this is within reason.

I was there when he did it. He makes it sound find on that, he's just being a shit.

You need to contact HR or you head office or something and speak with them about this. He's obviously not a very good manager and isn't being fair to you. I would imagine Rota's are done on a weekly basis so he has no reason to be difficult with you xx

rotas are done on a 4-weekly basis and they stay a month a head at a time.. for example were finishing june/julky and going into july/august and my boss already has august/september done.

we dont have a HR department,... were a small company and theres my manager and one above him but if i pout another complaint against him (i pout one in 3 weeks ago) its going to look like i have something against him, which ive already been accused of in some form.

i have another manager who is back off holiday on thursday and im going to ask her if theres any chance of getting more hours in her service (which is FAR lower risk!!) but it will most likely be a no :(

You are legally allowed to request a risk assessment and there are enough studies done to suggest that working late is a risk to your pregnancy.
I'd really threaten to go legal on him if your other manager doesn't see sense...

You are legally allowed to request a risk assessment and there are enough studies done to suggest that working late is a risk to your pregnancy.
I'd really threaten to go legal on him if your other manager doesn't see sense...

We' e already done the risk assessment. The weekend are fixed even though he did it with a diva flair! (And not a good one!) in working less weekends but still a few 12-10pm shifts. I suppose it's not too bad... Wish I could get out of them but I can't

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back