My bloody hospital

s

Reaction score
I'm dealing with the most inefficient antenatal clinic in Britain and I want to scream. My doctor warned me that they lose forms all the time and that I'd have to ring them to make sure they got it. Sure enough when I rang they said they had received no such form and my name wasn't on their books. I asked my clinic to fax it through again. Rang back in a few days and still they hadn't received it - and it takes hours to get through to them on the phone. I rang my clinic on Wednesday and asked them to ring the antenatal office to make sure it had been received once they'd faxed it. They did. I then rang myself to ask when I would hear from them and I was told "oh about 3 days before your 12 weeks are up". I was flabbergast.
To make matters worse I can home to a furious husband last night who said that I had received a letter from the hospital but it had been sent to my neighbour days ago. Now my neighbour knows I'm pregnant, even though I haven't yet told my family for fear something will go wrong before the scan and I was on their books when they said I wasn't. I rang today to book my time as suggested in the letter. No reply. Got put through to another office who I told my woes to. They have promised to get them to ring me today and 25 minutes before they're due to close (I was told to ring between 2 - 4) no one has rung me. I would sack someone for such inefficiency.
Grrrrrrrrr
S

Oh Dear s.. what a nightmare.

Firstly though what the hell is your neighbour doing opening your mail???? Its illegal!!!! That is bang out of order!!

As for the clinic.. yes I would write and complain.. is there another hospital you can switch to? Here we have a choice of 2 and I chose the one I have been using since my m/c so i am OK with it.

Can you complain to your GP and hope that they can put pressure on them.. go overboard with the stress its causing etc and maybe they will get their fingers out of their bums and do something..

Don't let it get to you .. not allowed to be stressed remember :wink: :wink:

xx

My experience hasn't been quite as dreadful as yours, but I have been struck by the attitude of ANCs that pregnant women have nothing better to do with their time than sit around waiting in ANCs.

I was booked to see a consultant in the ANC at 9.10 one morning and thought - stupidly - that this would mean a prompt appointment. At 9.40 I asked at reception when I would be seen and was told that they had 'no idea' as once they'd booked someone in they didn't have any control over when they were seen. At 10.40 a receptionist came by and saw me still waiting 'the consultant has arrived now,' she said happily, 'he should be able to see you soon.' I was furious - why was he an hour and a half late? She told me there had been bad traffic!! We left home especially early so that I would be on time for the appointment - why couldn't he!!!

Sorry, rant over.

Rotten that your neighbours ended up knowing before your family.

Hope things improve for you from here on in...

Thanks both. Ah I don't really blame the neighbours. They probably opened it without thinking. I've done that sometimes. An envelope comes through your letterbox and you cut it open. They sealed it up again but when my husband opened it (I know everyone reads my mail!) it appeared to have been tampered with.
Well I've finally got an appointment. Do you know that they had the cheek to say to me "did you ever live at number 1". I actually laughed and replied through gritted teeth that I hadn't.
It's supposed to be one of the best units around. My doctor said they're crap when it comes to making appointments etc but fantastic when you get there and see them. A mate who lives nearby is due a few months before me and she said that they were really good when she went for her scans. She also said that she didn't have to wait very long.
Just a shame their office staff are so bad.
S

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back