my birth story ( sorry - its long - an a bit late too!)

shamu

Reaction score
hello ladies!!!

well, what an ordeal! ( and minor mishap -- i left instructions for boyf to post the new arrival news but he didnt know i belong to two forums!-hey ho!)

went in to be induced on the 7.3.06 at 9.30 ppm - didnt get a bed til past midnight :shock: so nothing much happened on the tuesday night, had the pessary and went to sleep! -spent all day wednesday pottering about the hospital ( they wouldnt let my mum in the inductin suite, only my boyf, so we were up and down between hospital reception and the induction suite - had my tens on most of the day -it was really good)

finally got thru to the delivery suite about 7pm wednesday - it was only now that they could start the next step of my induction - so was hooked up to the sytocin drip and had my waters broken and the contractions started properly then - felt like i was managing them ok - still had my tens on and was on the gas and air, but as it was getting late, they wanted me to rest, so i was given a pethedine injection - this just made me all spaced out, but i remember everything, and was watching the contractions rise and fall on the monitor - remmeber thinking " if all these people would just leaave, i'll be able to get some rest" - well they didnt leave - in fact they seemed to multiply! - and here where it all started to get a bit scary

there was doctors, midwives and consultants all over the place, turns out i was developing eclampsia and the dr;s were worried i was gona have a fit as my blood pressure was so high! - i dint feel particulary ill or anything, but apparently i was ! :shock: the consultant was trying to convince me to have an epidural -but in my drug addled state, i was still trying to avoid that!!

and then it got worse, bp rocketed again so they had to give me magnesium somehting to bring it down, and fast - was given a loading dose first - and it made me feel like i was about to burst into flames!! - it was really weird, made me dead dead hot for about 1 minute, - then thayey had to hook me up to a drip of this magnesium stuff - i ended up with 4 venflon taps in me - which kept geting blocked so they had to re-site them - this meant they had to remove the sytocin drip - so my contractions stopped altogether :?

anyway, eventually, i was stabilised and stayed thet way long enuf for them to be able to resite the sytocin and get my contractions going ( thursday am by this point - about 5.30-6ish) so i was absoultely knackered! - they left me to contract for an hour and came to see how far dilated i was - i was thinking hmmm - maybe 6cms? - ha! no chance! - 2cms! then the midwife kinda goes a bit quiet and says "hmmm, hmmm, oh! - oh i can feel its hand - oh, your baby has hold of my finger!" - this is all while shes examining me :shock: turms out baby had pushed its hand throug my cervix and was holding on to the midwife while she was doing the internal!!!

well this all meant that dun dun duuuuun! - i had to go for an emergency c-section - which i was originally hoping to avoid at all costs - but at this point i didnt care!

anyway - sorry for the sage - heres the important bit!!

i had a baby girl at 10.17am on march 9th 2006
she weighed 7lb 3oz and we have named her erin elizabeth

ta da!!!!

really enjoying being a mummy - its fab :D

awww shes lovely congratulations hun xxxx

Wow, what an amazing story, especially Erin grabbing hold of the midwife's finger :shock: . Congratulations Shamu and a big hello to baby Erin :dance: :dance: :dance:

She's ADDORABLE!!!! I dunno what I would do if I heard "your baby has a hold of my finger!!!" :shock: lol

xoxo Ree

Oh she's lovely! I'm so hormonal at the moment, your story bought tears to my eyes! Congratulations!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back