My baby's position

sunshine_gal

Reaction score
Hi all, hope you are well.. I dont post much on here really but i do come on everyday and have a nosey at everyone else's posts..

Anyway, I live in Spain and things are done slightly different here. I had a scan at 32 weeks and my baby was head down but since then i keep feeling him in the transverse position, i feel a hard lump on either side on my belly like he's having a big stretch, he seems to be in that position most f the time and its sooooo uncomfy, anyway i have a midwife appointment on the 9th do you think i should mention this to her? He moves sooo much still, is this normal at nearly 36 weeks?

Thanks girls

OMG, just noticed that im on the last baby...x... not long now.. whoop whoop

:wave: HELLO!
SORRY I CANNOT ADVISE REALLY BUT WANTED TO SAY HI AND NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN! :wave:
I WOULD MENTION IT TO YOUR MW IT CANT HURT,DOES SHE NOT FEEL YOUR TUMMY TO FIND OUT BABYS POSITION??
MINE DOES? :think:
NOT LONG FOR YOU NOW! IVE JUST MOVED TO THE LAST BABY TOO! :hug:
MY BUBS IS STILL VERY ACTIVE TOO! :cheer:

my baby is definitely head down, but i still get two lots of bumps.....she's kinda of curved up, so i get a big bum bump, plus on the other side it's either her hands or legs....maybe that's the same with you? I know once they're head down they're less likely to massively change position (must be hard given how heavy their heads are!)

Midwife should check for you though x

well only gotta wait till monday now till my middy appointment, he still feels as if he's transverse, i've felt low down tosee if i can feel his head down there and i cant at all, suppose i'll know more soon tho eh.

Does anyone know what would happen if he's still in this position on monday at nearly 37 weeks, will they just wait for him to move on his own??

i would say at 37 weeks baby wouldnt move!!! so they wld offer a section hun i think :hug:

but u never know baby might move fingers crossed baby does move :hug:

Wrigglebum was head down from about 25 weeks to 30 weeks then decided to move and is now head up under my ribs has been since about 30/31 weeks they do move around late on it depends on the size of them, size of you amount of fluid etc. You have some time for bubs to move but you need to talk it over with your mw I have no idea what they would do in Spain.
I know here they may try to turn the baby depending on other health issues but it has to be done at the hospital as it can sometimes cause you to go into labour. Some places will allow an attempt at vaginal delivery with a breech but not a transverse one or one where the feet are the lowest down (other medical problems are taken into account). Most breech babies are delivered by c-section though.

Hi :wave:
I remember your posts as you mentioned you were in Spain and was wondering how you were getting on...
Getting close now!! Hope the treatment over there is going well (I can't understand my bloody doctors!)
Can't really advise on the tranverse position - mine is after scan the other day but am few weeks behind so not sure on how should be. But sounds like the girls are better informed and hope the hospital will be able to give you answers next week. Good luck :hug:

Thanks for your replies girlies...

Hi Timtam, Spain has been fine (so far) i've not really had any antenatal classes, well none to shout about anyhow, they do them here but they are in Spanish so no point in me going to them as i dont speak a word..lol.. The hospital here is AMAZING its only a few years old and its very modern. I know they dont have gas and air but they have everything else as far as i am aware, i know they offer more sedatives especially for first time mums as they think giving birth can be so stressful that they like mums to be as chilled out as poss.. When you have a normal birth they like you to stay in for about 2 to 3 days and you have your own room with a pull down bed for your husband who they expect to stay with you, for a c sec i think your in for a min of a week as here in Spain there is NO postnatel care at all so i guess thats why they dont kick you out as soon as you've given birth.

Obviously i dont really know what its like and i've only "heard" from midwifes and so on, so in a few weeks i'll be back on here letting you all know about my experience here and i pray to god its a good one as im crapping myself..x..

Hello all..

well i had my appointment yesterday and baby is head down.. whoop whoop.. As she felt my stomach she giggled and went oooh contraction, think she meant a braxton hicks tho as im not really getting any pain with them just tightenings. She said now im past 37 weeks that baby is no longer classed as prem so i went out for a really long walk this morning and now im bloody knackered, Oh and she was shocked at how much weight id put on and was like, hmmm you need to start walking an hour a day "AGAIN" these bloody spanish are so hooked up on your weight, she even highlighted it in my notes.. haha.. Well i've put on two stone and considering im almost ready to pop i'd say thats not too bad so im not gonna listen to her she can frig off.. lol..

Hi babe!

Next time you go, take a big Burger King with you and take big bites of the burger as she 's speaking to you....lol...

Wow, can't believe it's only 20 days to go!

I'm having a bad day today and am just really worried that my baby's not alive in there or that something isn't right....just want to cry. I'm probably just being paranoid but because I'm not convinced that I've definitely felt it move, I'm really worrying....

Boo

x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back