My baby may have a heart murmer.

weestar21

Reaction score
Hi just thought i would let yous know how i got on at the midwife on wednesday. As usual went for my 2 week check up, midwife was listening to babys heart beat and it dropped 8 times in 5 minutes. I was told to go into hospital to be put on the heart tracer for an hour at the day ward.
Afeter the hour was up the consultant came round to check on teh print out he looked at me and said i want u to be refferd to ward 24 (high risk maternity ward) where i was put back on it for a further 2 hours. The same consultant came back ripped teh print out off went out the room and came back about 20 minutes later with a doctor. He sat on the edge of the bed (at this point my heart was in my mouth) and said in the 3 hours you have been on the tracer your babies heart beat has dropped 98 times. I could feel my eyes filling up and i had a huge lump in my throat. He then said its more than likley that the baby may have a heart murmer but they cant be sure and wont be sure untill its born but not to worry as a heart murmer isnt too serious as the baby gets older it will go away.

Im still not sure what a heart murmer really is but my little sister was born with one and so was my partner and they have turned out fine. So im back at the midwife again on wednesday comming so will let yous know if their is any change.

hope yous are all keeping well

take care love hugs

jean and bump xx

My brother in law was born with a heart murmer and grew out of it too.

I'm sorry you have been given this news. Any news that your baby may be unwell is an awful thing to find out. I really hope it's not too serious.

xxx

Thanx sami, i think its my hormones having alot to do with it at the mo every time i try think about it and be positive i just keep crying. I must admit after spending most of the day thursday crying i feel a bit better. Ive only got just over 8 weeks to go before im due so at least i will know soon enough. My sisters little boy when she was pregnant with him they told her the same thing only they told her that he would be handicaped and also have a huge hole in his heart and would have to operate the day he ws born. Turned out when he was born their wasnt a single thing wrong with him, after them getting such bad news in the end it was nothing.
Evene if my baby was born handicaped i would still love it to bits its a part of me feling it kick and punch is amazing (im getting all teary again...lol) just cant wait to hold it in my arms now :)

anyway will keep you posted hun

take care

xxxx

Aww weestar i send hugs out to you, like you said yourself though doctors do get it wrong so try and keep that thought in your head, along with the fact that a heart murmer doesnt have to b that serious! Im sure ur LO will b fine, just try and take it easy......these 8 weeks will fly and ull b holding ur LO in ur arms very soon!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Im sorry about your news weestar, that must have been very distressing for you. I hope it goes well with the midwife on Wednesday. Which hospital is it you attend? As you say, its not going to be long till you have the wee baby in your arms.

Take care of yourself and bump.

Laura.

Please keep me informed sweetie. I hope it does all turn out to be nothing, but you will love your child no matter what.

PM if you ever need a chat xx

Hope all goes well for you on Wednesday - get them to sit down with you and explain it all properly to you - sometimes I think hospitals forget we are real people sometimes and not just a number.

Sending u my best wishes

L x

Thankyou all so much for the kind words and thoughts. As soon as i hear any news i will let yous know, i will just reply on this topic instead of making a new one.

once again thankyou all xxxxxx

We will all be thinking of you on wednesday

L x

Well today was a bit better news from the modwife, babys heart beat was alot better but still not 100% but alot better than what it was last week.
ive to go to a physio on friday about my pelvis as im not getting any sleep because no matter what way i lye baby is being squashed against my pelvis and is very painfull.
Im not back at the midwife till 3 weeks but have to go to see the consultant at the clinic on the 9/2 she did tell me to ask him if i could be sent for a scan because of babys heart beat and the history of bad hearts in both mine and my partners family so fingers crossed they will send me for one that way i know for sure everything will be ok and might even get to find out what the baby is.

anyway thanx again for all the kind words xxxxxxx

Hi

Was thinking about you today. It sounds quite positive doesnt it - I know that wont take your worries away, but at least they are onto it now and will deal with the situation appropriately. At least they are looking into it and a scan will probably help the situation in what may need to be done when your babys here. I'm glad things seem to be looking better :)

Snap! I am having to start Physio on Tuesday - due to falling down stairs so I can totally sympathise with you with regards to being pregant and in pain at the same time - hope it goes well for you - I know we are going for different things but let me know how it goes.

Take care of you and little one

L x

Thanx lisa, will let you know what they do to me tomoz not looking forward to it one bit...lol you know waht hospitals are like when you go they just like to poke and prod you...lol

anyway anythings got to be better than suffering for another 7 weeks and having no sleep...lol

will keep u up dated

take care hunni xxxxx

Thanx lisa, will let you know what they do to me tomoz not looking forward to it one bit...lol you know waht hospitals are like when you go they just like to poke and prod you...lol

anyway anythings got to be better than suffering for another 7 weeks and having no sleep...lol

will keep u up dated

take care hunni xxxxx

Aww that does sound better weestar. And u may get to c ur LO again before the birth!
I too go to physio......its for a number of reasons but the main one at the moment is due to the fact my ribs havnt expanded so getting lots of pain around them and upper back!
You feel soooooooooooooo attractive when u r layed/stood there with nothing but pants, bra and cellulite! What made it worse for me was the fact that i think my pants were a bit damp due to the increase of discharge ive been having recently TMI! All I can say is im glad the physio was female.......wouldnt want the wrong message to b sent lol!

omg hun, ok now im paranoide...lol i have to go on me own got no one to come with em tomoz except my little one who is 3. can u just tell me what they do to you just im unsure what to wear and take but i think i will be taking a change of undies and getting changed before i go in....lol im having alot of discharge too they have tested it but said its just normal dunno about you but most of the time i feel like a snail...lol

cant wait to read what they do to you before i go tomorrow

take care hunni xxxx

Hi hun - I just used to wear pants (no thongs - physio's dont wanna see your bum!) and just your normal clothes, if they need them to be loosened they will ask. Joggers might be easier to work round than jeans.

xxxx

Hi Weestar

Are you under Wishaw Hospital? I think Pips was trying to arrange a wee meet up for us but days didn't suit everyone.

Good luck for tomorrow, hopefully it will be even better news than your midwife appointment.

Did you have a 20wk scan? I didn't get one (don't think a lot of areas in Scotland do) but our parents paid for us as a present - just wondering cos they check out the heart in some detail at the scan.

Will be thinking of you tomorrow,

Lucy
38 + 2

Yea weestar.....snails r us lol.......pregnancy is such a beautiful time....not!
My physios are really good depending on where your problem is depends on where they will prod! Although saying that mine did check everywhere, but they didnt make me feel uncomfortable or hurt me in neway! I wouldnt worry about the damp situation too much.....but i do like the idea of a spare pair of pants.....gonna do that next time and wear big black bridget jones pants!

Hi lucy, sorry pips was trying to arrange a meet yeah i didnt know your name...lol so would have been a bit weird if we did meet..lol
Im free during teh week but not at weekends and i think pips is back at uni ive not herd from her for ages is she ok do u know? I am with wishaw general add me to msn if u want hun its [email protected] and we can have a better chat soon.

fay

just to let you know ive got my granny pants in me bag for tomoz....lol gawd im so nervouse now i didnt think they would want me to strip off hopefully they wont hate showing my body off to doctors...lol

and with a 3 yr old beside me shes a nightmare ok pesonal bit comming now but its a bit funny hehe i usually wax my bits :oops: but since having a bump i cant so was in teh super market the other day and adele goes to me why do u have a hairy bum and i dont i was gob smacked didnt know where to look but now i see the funny side...lol

the saying is so true though kids would get you hung...lol

anyway will let yous know how it goes tomoz
take care luv n hugs

Jean xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member