My baby is not going to have a name

TORino

Reaction score
For a long time!

Me and him indoors cannot agree at all.

I keep changing my mind too which doesn't help either.

This is really difficult!!

I like xanthe, Cerys, Matilda, orlaith for girls names.
And Fraser and Oscar for boys names.

He hates them all.

He wants Scarlett or beau.

Nightmare.

Awwwwww, I totally understand - DH and I had soooooooooo many arguments about names. We've whittled it down to two but one that he likes more and one that I like more. I'm hoping seeing me go through labour will encourage him to agree with me, lol. It's really tough though. Are you both looking at names or just you? If it's just you, I would just come up with loads of suggestions you like and fool DH into thinking he's making an independent choice.

P.S. I love the names you've come up with!

I like matilida i think its cute & not a lot of kids are called matilda so its somthing different. I also like scarlett & i love oscar for your boys name. How about Scarlett matilda ? & Oscar fraser ? use the 2nd best names you like for a middle name :) x

Haha this is why we have had names picked out since before we got pregnant! They're literally the only ones we agree on. My sister keeps saying "oh you'll change your mind loads before he/she's here!" - but I know I won't as it was too bloody hard agreeing on these!!

Why not write a list of ten each and see if there are any the same or similar that you like?

I defo have to agree iwth the name Oscar, love it lol :love: Bit biased!!

I love the name Matilda too and that it can be shortened to Tilly. Really nice name.

Forgot to say, if don't agree before just wait til you're in labour and then you can get whatever you want, they will probably say yes to anything to keep you happy lol

Forgot to say, if don't agree before just wait til you're in labour and then you can get whatever you want, they will probably say yes to anything to keep you happy lol
I'll remember this...now what do I want? A house. A massive diamond ring. Not have to go back to work...hmmmmm.
I love the name Matilda, Tilly for short is lovely. I'd go with Oscar for the boy. I'm guessing it's causing arguments as you're referring to OH as him indoors lol I hope he comes around to your way of thinking, for his sake! xx

Thanks ladies.

I am failing to engage Felipe in the conversation tbh he goes a bit funny when I try to discuss it with him. But every now and then he will refer to the bump as Scarlett or Beau much to my annoyance.

I don't hate the names he likes I just don't 'love' them. We had decided on Cerys a while back for a girl but he said he doesn't like it anymore!! Grrr

I love Cerys, it was a serious contender if we had a girl. It took us two weeks to finally decide on a name when DS was born. We had a shortlist if about 10. We literally said them out loud whilst looking at the baby and decided which ones suited and didn't.

my OH and I had the same problem, couldnt agree on any. then he "jokingly" started calling the baby the names he liked, used to drive me mad. we eventually got to a short list of two. neither of us love the names we have chosen but we like them. its so much harder than you think it is going to be.

ps. i like matilda and fraser

was going to say if you can't decide have a double barrel name best of both worlds really but in all honest you may even look at your baby and both agree on a totaly different name ya just have to see its little face and your decision will be made for you! Xx

I totally empathise. Thank god you have 6 weeks to register the birth cause it's going to take us that long to choose something!!

I have a friend called xanthe and i think it's a beautiful name along with zulekia (zu leek a) my lil girl is Ezziemai so i like unusual names x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back