My baby is here

mustard

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I can't believe it has taken me this long to let you all know but it has been a crazy few days.

On Thursday morning I was reading in bed (the joys of maternity leave before baby) and at 9.50am I felt a weird pop. I remember reading on here that some people felt that as there waters went so I rushed to the toilet to check but there didn't seem to be any fluid gushing out so I put on . a pad just incase and wandered downstairs thinking it was my imagination. I started doing some ironing (of the clothes I was packing in my hospital bag and then I had some slight cramping and shortly afterwards another cramp. I rang my hubby at 10.10am and asked him if he would mind coming home as I wasn't feeling great but I really didn't think it could be labour, especially as I was only 36weeks pregnant.

Then things really started to happen, I felt a gush of fluid down my leg then had loose bowels and the contractions kicked in. My hubby rang to say he had left work and to ask how I was, I had 2 contractions while I was on the phone to him (so within 10 mins) and he heard this an told me to ring the hospital (I actually said to him, don't worry I have a midwife appt at 11.30 I'll get checked then, it shows you how irrational you can be in labour but I really thought even if this was the 'real thing' that it would be hours before things happened. Anyway I rang the labour ward and the midwife told me to go straight in as my waters had gone. So I waited till my hubby arrived home just after 11.15am but I still didn't think there was a hurry so I started asking him to pack my hospital bag (everything was sort of ready but not packed) and told him to get changed out of work clothes. At about 11.30 he realised I was contracting 4-5 times in 10 mins and he got a bit paniced and started saying we should ring an ambulance, but I was still calm and over several contractions I got some shoes on and got into the car. The journey to the hospital was only about 15 mins thank goodness but it was starting to hurt (I was thinking that I wished I had ordered a tens machine a bit earlier as mine hadn't arrived yet).

Arrived at matenity triage and was checked and told I was fully dilated and was rushed to the labour ward. My notes say I was admitted at 12.10pm. I didn't have time to get even the gas and air because I felt the need to push straight away so I just about managed to kneel onto the bed and then started pushing. My beautiful baby girl was born at 1.30 weighing 2.86kg (6lb5). My placenta was delivered 7mins later (without the injection).

We called her Keeley Rose.

Even though I didn't get my home waterbirth I couldn't have asked for a better labour and birth and even though she is technically slightly premature she is perfect. The postnatal care at the hospital was a bit crap it took over 8 hours for someone to come and stitch my up, I did tear fairly badly and being stitched up was awful, more painful than labour, I was guzzling the gas and air for that bit. Then they wouldn't let me go home that night because she was a bit early they wanted to keep her in for blood sugar checks but no one came to do them so I buzzed for help and asked when they do them and was told they would check, an hour later still no one came and when I called again they said it was too late to do that one and would have to do one after next feed. Anyway when they eventually do them everything was fine but by the time they had messed about it was about 36hours later I was finally discharded. Home now with my little family and on cloud 9.

Awww congratulations hun and what a lovely name xx

aww, huge congrats hun! lovely name too :) xxx

Her clothes are all too big as she is a diddy little thing and we were expecting a porker.

Wow massive congratulations hun! Lovely name too!

xx

Oh gosh!! Congrats hun, that sounds like a very quick labour there.

Enjoy your precious little bundle xx

Congratulations!!! She is so cute!!! Please please please can I order a labour like yours as well?!! It sounds fab!! Apart from the last bit afterwards. xxx

Awww huge congrats on your little mustard seed :) well done Hun xxxx

Wow! What a great story! She is so beautiful, and love her name! Congrats!!!

Wow you're cool as ice :) fab birth story, congratations x

Wow - talk about jumping the que. lol. Congratulations - shes gorgeous, and what a lovely name. xxx

Congrats hunny! Sounds like Keeley didt wanna wait for February! Lol!

She is gorgeous xx

Awww... She's beautiful!! Huge congratulations!! :) xx

amazing....when was your actual due date hon?

was she your first? sorry i cant remember...xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back