my baby is hardly eating

roxane 1985

Reaction score
my son is 16 weeks only and at 4 weeks was diagnosed with reflux and has been on gaviscon ever since.

last monday he has had a cold and is only feeding on 2-3 oz every few hrs, he is haardly sleeping now and waking often in the night.

since thursday he has been sick quite a few timesi would say probably 5 or 6 big lots where its resulted in it coming down his nose and him needing all his clothes changing , and a few little ones where maybe just an oz comes back up

tge doctor checked him and said he was fine, im so worried as he has been ill a week n half now

although half the time he does seem happy im just worried he is hardly eating now and still being sick

Will he take water and keep it down so at least he's hydrated? You know what its like when we have colds you lose your appetite and dont fancy milky things. Are you still getting wet and dirty nappys? If you still think he's unwell go back to the doctor, I went 3 times before they looked in Kynons ears and found he had an infection and perforated ear drums, he was sick and not feeding much either as the sucking hurts, poor thing has suffered 10 days before that!

Is he is just being sick now or is when you burp him? Jacob brings up a fair bit of his bottle with every feed when I burp him, soaks loads of bibs during the day and I have to change him a lot when I told the HV, she said as long as he is putting on weight and had a wet and dirty nappie that there isn't anything they can do for me and told me that since he isn't stressed that he is what's known as a happy spitter so I dunno really but it does bug me a lot and make me worry too :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back