My baby,Anthony Junior 13/02/2012 xxxx *added pics

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by youngmummy22, Feb 16, 2012.

1. youngmummy22

youngmummy22 Well-Known Member

Hey guys:wave: i dont have much of a birth story it was quite a quick one :yay:

So i went to hospital on saturday night the 11th as i was getting cramps and they said to come in as i live an hour away from the hospital and the weather was very bad.. they monitered me and said for me to stay as the maternity ward was so quiet just incase,nothing happened..

the next morning my doctor came around and said you can be induced tomorrow morning(monday) instead of my original day of thursday,if my womb was compatible, so i was examined internally and had another sweep!! god they are so uncomfortable its like there trying to grab your tonsils:shock:... my womb was ready but i was still only 2cm dilated, so i was told to stay to be induced the next morning..

so i got bouncing straight away and walking up and down the flights of stairs in the hospital started getting cramps every ten minutes at about 2ish this gave me more energy and i kept on going like a mad woman my oh was killed out walking the stairs with me :lol: also we had a whole semi private room to ourselves as the ward was so quiet,it was brilliant like being a private patient!!
    the pains gradually got a little stronger and by 10pm they were coming every 5minutes by 12pm they were really sore and they monitered me and were shocked at how quiet i was because the contractions were very strong and so painful on my back,as the little fart was lying in an awful awkward position..they advised me to get pethadine to try and take the edge off and moved me into the labour room it was around 2am now..

they examined me again i was still only 2cm i wanted to cry!!!! i got the pethadine it didnt help much although it let me sleep inbetween pains but 3mins sleep doesnt really help haha i suffered for 3more hours in intense pain and then made oh get the midwife and i begged her for the epidural she examined me and said i was 5cm :yay: i was so happy not to hear 2cm!and got the lady to come and give the epidural that 30minutes was the longest of my life,the relief as it started working made me cry with happiness,
    oh before that was done they broke my waters which i was nervous about but you dont feel a thing,
    so at 7am the midwife came in again and examined me i was 9cm me and oh nealy dropped it was so fast,i was feeling brilliant,no more pains...:lol::)

they got everything ready for me to push soon..at about 8 05 i began to feel a little tiny bit of pressure,time to push,pushed for about 15minutes and baby anthony junior came out to see mommy they put him on my chest,i seen the size of him and was like woahh hes massive lol,i cut the cord and then oh had a cuddle, they weighed him 9lb 2oz,still a shock..only 2stiches..he is so gorgeous and such a good baby im so in love with him :love: and so happy labour is all over me,he is worth every second of pain id do it 100times over xxxxxxxx
    pics wont upload ill add some later :)

Attached Files:

#1 youngmummy22, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  2. MrsR

MrsR Well-Known Member

Congratulations :) can't wait to see baby :)

3. littlemuffin

littlemuffin Well-Known Member

All very positive. Congrats x

4. winnie89

winnie89 Well-Known Member

congratulations hun xx

5. poppypd

poppypd Well-Known Member

Congrats xxx

6. Samsgirl

Samsgirl Well-Known Member

Epidurals sound great. My mind made up lol. Well done hon xx

7. hellywelly

hellywelly Well-Known Member

I'm definitely all good for the epidural!! Congrats on such a great story. xx

8. Verity2011

Verity2011 Well-Known Member

Awwwwwww a lovely story sweetie! xxxxx

9. mummy2b73

mummy2b73 Well-Known Member

Awww congrats !

10. Nic36

Nic36 Well-Known Member

Congrats!! Can't wait to see a piccie!

11. Spinneygirl

Spinneygirl Well-Known Member

Congratulations xxx