My acupuncture story so far (in case anyone is considering..)

Jezby

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just thought I'd fill you in on my journey with acupuncture so far,..

Most of you know my story by now but in brief - 3 yrs ttc, 1 mc @ 8weeks 2 years ago, & 2 unsuccessful IVF's - issue is poor quality embryos, no male factor.

Ahead of my 3rd & my final try scheduled for Sept, I've decided to take a slightly more wholistic approach, having heard positive things.

I found her through the Zita Westwood website and so far I've had 2 sessions, 3-4 weeks apart mid cycle. She took and incredibly thorough, personal and quite frankly TMI history! also talked about my diet too But so much more in depth than any of my consultants at my IV clinic.

Through this she raised 2 points of concern - I have a fairly short cycle 23 days on average, and for the last 8 months or so I've been spotting for days after my period ends sometimes almost 10 days after.

She recommended I take flaxseed oil & a good prenatal vitamin

After 1 session my cycle increased for 23 days to 25, after the 2nd session my cycle went up 27 days! She is now determined to sort out whatever hormone imbalance is causing me to spot... I have to say I wasn't expecting such results so quickly... I am now feeling incredibly hopeful we might conceive naturally before Sept!

She's also a trained counsellor so good for a chat too.. If anyone is on the fence about trying acupuncture I'd honestly give it a go....

Love
J x

Yay! I’m so glad you’re finding the accupuncture beneficial hunny. I love it. Its amazing how it impacts your cycle and the results are fast.
I’m excited for you x

Over the year and there has been quite a few ladies who have felt acupuncture really helped them when TTC. Good Luck! So glad you feel it’s helping

Lots of ladies report really positive experiences with acupuncture. I think it depends a lot on the acupuncturist though and also if you have specific issues with your cycle rather than being in the unexplained category. Personally, it wasn't for me. I really wanted to like it especially after hearing such good things and for that reason probably stuck with it longer than I should have and even tried 2 different therapists. My cycles were always were always pretty regular but I didn't see a single improvement in period pain or blood flow like I was led to expect. Glad you're seeing benefits from it.

After feeling so positive it’s all come crashing down this week as I’ve just had my shortest cycle ever. 21 days ... wtf is going on now??!!

Was so hopeful this month was ours for a BFP

Hard to stay hopeful isn’t it some days.

Oh Jezby. How frustrating. I’d stick with it though because it was making a difference and quick results after just 2 sessions.

My cycle is like clockwork but I’m under a lot of stress just now and my period arrived 4 days early which never happens. I wasn’t expecting to be preggers as my body is still out of whack from the IVF.

Hang in there chick xx

Oh Jezby. How frustrating. I’d stick with it though because it was making a difference and quick results after just 2 sessions.

My cycle is like clockwork but I’m under a lot of stress just now and my period arrived 4 days early which never happens. I wasn’t expecting to be preggers as my body is still out of whack from the IVF.

Hang in there chick xx

Yes you are right I did get good results v quickly, I just thought it might be our month this time. Wasn’t expecting AF 6 days early.... crushing this month more than any other time.

I had a cycle out of wack after my 2nd ivf so just take it easy you’re still re adjusting. You hang in there too and thank you for replying xxx

a great story, congrats. Myself I know a lady who had success thanks to acupuncture in GinSen clinic. I personally believe in the effectiveness of T.C.M. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back