My 30 Day Shred!

babyem

Reaction score
I decided to make somewhere for me to record my progress, as I dont want to spam the original 30DS thread and I cant just write it down as I am awful for losing bits of paper!

So I'm on Day 4 of 30DS today. The first day wasn't too bad, I've been following the woman doing the harder version and am doing well :)

Day 1, 2 & 3 my legs hurt like hell and my abs ached quite abit too, under my c-section scar. Today, I'm fine! I can feel my muscles pull when I go up and down stairs etc. but no aching like the first few days!

I have been eating alot of protein to help muscle growth and repair, so think this may be helping with the aching getting lesser. So my diet is alot better! Can be seen on MFP! I have been eating loads of fish, veg and fruit too :)

And I need to aim for a min of 2.5L water a day (thanks for the tip, FBE!) which Im not acheiving atm, but have made an improvement on the amount I drink! I'm taking water balance tablets too, to rule out any water retention.

I am hoping to start the 30 day squat challenge soon, then once I have finished 30DS and 30DSC, I hope to move onto Ripped in 30 or maybe P90X depending on what I can manage!

So, my measurements are:

(End of February)
-Waist: 30.4 inches
-Hip: 40.5 inches
-Thigh: 24 inches

(W/C 22nd April 2013)
-Upper arm: 11 inches
-Bust: 35 inches
-Waist: 29.5 inches
-Hip: 39 inches
-Thigh: 23.2 inches
-Calf: 14.7 inches

Wish me luck!! X

tapatalking x

Good luck! I never thought to do measurements before I started working out (no way I could do 30ds!) Go you!!!

:love: I love threads like this! The muscle ache on the first 3 days of the shred is awful isn't it?! I did one day a few weeks ago and had to give up cos 2 day later the pain was that bad walking to work made me feel sick!

I'm doing a variation of the squat challenge, which adds in push ups, planks, crunches and wall sits! Need to take my measurements again too cos I've gained since my last lot :blush:

Heres my starting pictures, cringe!!

tapatalking x

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366892436741.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366892436741.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 45
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366892455809.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366892455809.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 44
:love: I love threads like this! The muscle ache on the first 3 days of the shred is awful isn't it?! I did one day a few weeks ago and had to give up cos 2 day later the pain was that bad walking to work made me feel sick!

I'm doing a variation of the squat challenge, which adds in push ups, planks, crunches and wall sits! Need to take my measurements again too cos I've gained since my last lot :blush:

I despise planking!

Good luck! I never thought to do measurements before I started working out (no way I could do 30ds!) Go you!!!

Thank you!
I wouldnt have thought to take measurements, but came across the idea when doing some research on 30DS online. I think its so you dont lose motivation if you dont lose much weight, as you will see that you are losing inches instead x

Yes its killer!! Although today Ive had no muscle ache! Need to watch my right knee though, it feels quite sore so dont want to cause damage! Would make work very hard!

What is it your doing? Have you added the modifications or following a plan iykwim? Sounds good!! X

tapatalking x

Day 5 done, whoopee! :)

Admittedly I had to pause for a few mins after the first cardio circuit, as LM was upset. And I didnt put in 100% as usual, just followed the 'average' routine as I found the cardio harder today?!

Im going to give it another day and if my knee is the same then I will start strapping it up. I think because my right leg is having to work harder, its straining my right foot and making that sore too, grr!!

Im going to see about adding some limbering to the warm ups and cool down times, to improve my flexibility. I used to love limbering :)

Had an ok day food wise, could of been better but oh well! Bought some spinach and asparagus, to try and eat a wider variety of veg. Also got some yummy yeovalley yoghurts to up my calcium intake- I have very little dairy in my diet

Only 5 more days of Week 1!! Cant wait to finish!! X

tapatalking x

I found my plan on mfp, I can link you if you like? It's basically doing the squats with 1min push ups, 1min plank, 1min wall sit and 50 crunches. The times and numbers increase every 3 days or something! I can't do the 1m plank tho, I do it in 2 halves :lol:

The shred can be a killer on the knees, I've got hypermobile knees, so find I have to work extra hard not to damage them! Be careful not to over do it Hun!

Spinach is my absolute favourite ATM, I eat it like it's going out of fashion! I made a dead yummy risotto with asparagus, spinach, courgette and peas! On the calcium note, you can actually get more calcium from green veg and things than dairy! I'm not 100%, but I think broccoli's the big one you can get it from! MrsR will probs know better than me though :lol:

Oh and measurements are a must! I do a lot of reading up on mfp and stuff and there's loads of people out there who actually gain weight, but their transformation is amazing!

God that was a right essay :blush:

Ok, so I havent done day 6 today.. Everyone has been in all day and I dont want my dad or brother watching me do it lol!!

So not great, feel quite crappy about it :( hoping I get it done tomorrow, but everyones home again, grr!

Heres what I had for tea! X

tapatalking x

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367087070262.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367087070262.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 24
Ooh yes please, that link would be helpful!!

Ahright I never knew that about green veg, will go and look it up!! Trying to eat alot of protein, so adding green veg in anyway. Have been having fruit bio live yoghurt with oats and fruit as breakfast or snack, so getting more calcium than I was.

I like fresh spinach but wasnt too keen on the frozen!

Only thing is, I find myself starving within an hour when I fill up on veg. :( xx

tapatalking x

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/951257-30-day-squat-challenge-before-afters it's about 1/2 way down that page hun! There is a day missin off the end of the table, I think it's her Sunday? But I figured it was 10 more square and the rest the same as the previous day!

I found when I went veggie I was constantly starving, cos my meals were always about 60-70% meat, then loads of carbs and a tiny bit of veg! But it just takes your body a bit of time to adjust. I've only been veggie a few weeks and already I'm fuller for longer, plus I'm eating more grains like couscous and bulgar wheat which fill you up longer! But at first I was constantly snacking, hence my 1/2 stone gain in the first 2 weeks :blush:

I realised before that the ideal time to do squats is whilst the kettle boils! I didn't do thenfull routine today, but got my 60 squats in! And then ate half a pizza and a shit load of wedges washed down with a couple of glasses of red :wall:

Thanks hun!

I would do it while waiting for the kettle but I dont drink.hot.drinks often! Actually, scratch that, I have to boil it for LMs bottles! No excuses lol!

Im snacking more now Im eating mainly veg and protein, luckily I dont have any chocolate! Its mainly toast lol! X

tapatalking x

I got some nuts and seeds which are really good to snack on! I thought they'd be minging, but I got some food doctor bags, ones herby and the other is paprika and sweet chilli! They're well nice, and good for you too! I think technically they're sold as salad toppers, which they do work well for, but I like them for a snack too!

I got myself a bag of mixed nuts and fruit, it's not too bad but think I'm gonna go to Holland and Barrett and get some tasty treats! I'm not a huge fan of the graze boxes, think they're over priced and I eat them within a day or two lol! X

tapatalking x

I'm gonna start that modified squat challenge today, thanks for the link! Won't be able to do the 30 day shred today as dad is in all day so can't use the tv. Then hopefully add the 30 day shred back in tomorrow :)

That way I'm still doing something each day at least duo don't need to beat myself up about missing a day!

I've seen a 2 in 1 cross trainer and exercise bike for £100 but can't really afford it on my own but my brother won't go halves, boo! So may use some savings and get one. I don't think it would be a big loss if I didn't use it often, I could easily get more than what I paid for it back. Hmm will have to see. I just want something that's gonna shift the belly fat quick!! Lol x

tapatalking x

Here's the said plan for modified 30 day shred x

tapatalking x

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367146813603.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367146813603.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 28
I've never had a graze box! I keep meaning to get one of the free codes! I was in holland and barratt earlier, I wanted to buy everything :lol: just done my squats whilst the kettle boiled, today was 70 and I had to have a break after 50, but yesterday I had to stop at 40, so it's improving!

I've never had a graze box! I keep meaning to get one of the free codes! I was in holland and barratt earlier, I wanted to buy everything :lol: just done my squats whilst the kettle boiled, today was 70 and I had to have a break after 50, but yesterday I had to stop at 40, so it's improving!

I have a code for two free graze boxes if you want?

I find I snack less now on a strict veggie diet than before.

Good luck on the new modified regime :D

Ooo please Hun! I've found I'm starting to eat less, I thunk my body's starting to realise it's getting more nutrients our of less food :lol:

Are the codes different? As I have loads of them vouchers but they're all the same code iykwim? Xa

tapatalking x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back