My 20 week scan!

Lindsay

Reaction score
I went for my 20 week scan today, it was amazing :D the baby has grown so much since last time, I couldn't believe it.

We didn't find out what the sex was, but the sonographer said that she knew what we were having if we did want to know, there was a part of me that wanted to find out but we resisted and have kept it as a surprise :D

At one point the baby put it's little hands up over his ears, the sonographer said that it mustn't like whatever it can hear, I counted 5 tiny fingers on it's hand :D :D

Whilst she was performing the scan the baby had it's face facing us, we could see it's little mouth opening and closing but as soon as she went to take the photographs, it turned away, lol. It's favourite position is on it's tummy, which we got a piccie of:
2006_010420weekbump0006.jpg

We also got a piccie of it laying on its back but facing away from the screen:
2006_010420weekbump0007.jpg

Have got my next midwife appointment on 6th Feb to look forward to now!!!

Dh and I went out for tea tonight straight after the scan and he told me that he has booked us a short stay away for my birthday in 2 weeks time to Dublin :D I am so excited it's unbelievable :D

Xxx

nice scan pics lindsay hun :D its amazing isnt it how much they have grown its fab ooh and lucky you a nice break away will be lovely and you got that to look forward to now :D :D :D
xxxxxxxxxx

Great scans Lindsay!

It's interesting how you say HIS ears, did you know you'd wrote that?1 Maybe it's a sign!? :lol:

Hope you have a fab time in Dublin, I loved it when I went there.

Take care

Sam xx

Hi Sam

I find it hard referring to the baby as 'it' it sounds really impersonal, lol!! Most of the books that I have refer to unknown babies as him / he so I sometimes do the same - wonder if it is a sign though??? :?

I can't wait to see your piccies when you have your first scan - at least the dr have confirmed the pregnancy now for you, it's all a farce really isn't it? :)

Xxx

Lovely scan pic Lindsay, it seems a lot more real now you can see bean in there now doesnt it?

Even though im on my third I still wanted to get that first scan as confirmation lol

Thankyou Mummy Sian, it certainly does make it feel more real, I can also feel the baby move round lots more now which again is wonderful - DH felt it kick in bed a couple of nights ago so he too is really excited about it all :D

I made a comment last night about 'the next one' DH just laughed and said lets get this one here first eh?!!!!

I am just so excited :D :D

Xxx

Hey Lindsay,

Yeah great pics.

We call our bean a he too - I agree, it's less impersonal than calling it "IT".

I can't wait to see the change from the 12 week scan to the 20 week. Our's is booked for Feb 15.....and I think we'll find out the sex. I think OH will be upset if it's a girl, he's pretty certain it's a boy.

Hi sasswa

I know what you mean, my DH would secretly love to have a little boy - he says that he doesn't mind as long as it is healthy but I know that he really does want a boy.

I can't wait to hear what you are having after your scan - please keep me posted.

Are you ok in yourself, have the dreaded pg symptoms lifted a little for you?

Xxx

Its amazing isnt it? I couldn't belive flump was there untill i actually seen her on the 20 week scan loved her imidiately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back