My 12 week scan isnt until 13 and a half weeks! so disappointed :(

ams25

Reaction score
Hello lovelies :)

I just wanted to rant really, got my 12-week scan appointment through today and its not until 27th march which is a full month away! I will be 13 weeks 3 days by then :( I was so hoping I would get it at 11 or 12 weeks, as we are waiting to tell people until after the scan to be sure all is well and its driving me mad not telling people! Its getting really hard to hide it at work when I feel so crap, can't believe I've got to keep it secret for another full month!

Plus I will be 12 weeks the day before mothers day and I really wanted to put a scan picture in both our nanna's cards to tell them - my mum and OH's mum both know but our nannas don't.

I rang the hospital and the lady basically said they can't change it, you get an appointment between 11-14 weeks and its just luck which one you get.

I just feel so gutted and want to cry, it seems like a lifetime away when it already seems like we've been waiting so long! I know I am being a bit dramatic and also really ungrateful as I was lucky enough to have a scan at 8+5 so we've already seen baba and heartbeat, but I won't believe everything is okay until we've had the dating scan! Plus I asked if anyone minded if I had the day off work and someone has already booked the 27th march off... I can have it off if I really want to but its frowned upon if someone is already off, so I will look like a selfish cow who won't move my holidays for anyone else, and I can't tell them why its so important to me!

Think I am just feeling a bit hormonal and emotional today, feel better writing it down! I know it really isn't that much longer to wait from 12w to 13+3 but it feels like a lifetime! So desperate to get out of this Tri 1 and get that reassurance!

Thankyou for listening to my moaning :) xxx

Last edited:
Aww hun, thats crap, I'm too thinking they are gonna send for me at 13weeks as I dnt have booking in appointment until 7th then I'm assuming they will write with scan appointment so prob gonna be ages. On the plus side think how big baby will look...I know its crap...try not to.worry xx

Thats rubbish hun, have you thought about booking a private scan when you are at 12 weeks? I just googled Pregnancy Scans and I'm going to a BabyBond centre when I'm 7wks +5 to check on the baby as my NHS scan (12wks+4) isn't till 11 April :( My scan cost just under £100 but we get pictures with that so this could be an idea to see your baby when you want to see it and be able to put the pics in your Nana's card. Hope this helps xx

Totally agree with Claire, if you can afford a scan it might be worth it. We're hoping to book a scan for when I'm 8/9 weeks to put our minds at rest as I have toe register with new doctors tomorrow then try and arrange midwife stuff so think it might take a while to get organised.
Its rubbish when you have hopes and then admin gets in the way! Don't worry about what your work say either, the next day you can show everyone your scan picture and tell them what's going on and everyone will understand that was why you needed it.
Take care,
xx

My first scan is 11 weeks in my region but I'd much rather 12 or 13 just because of how much of a difference will be in the apperence of the baby :) I'll have to wait for WEEKS until the next scan after 11 weeks. Sigh!

I'm in the same boat. I'll be 13 wks at mine too. X

Aw thanks girlies, you've made me feel better already! I think it defo is partly the hormones... I have a proper craving for heinz alphabetti spaghetti and OH just told me he's eaten my tin out of the cupboard and it made me cry! Lol... He hadn't even eaten it, he was just joking. Defo just feeling a bit tearful today.

Mrs V - aww I hope you get yours through a bit quicker hun, they might get a cancellation maybe?

Claire.- thanks hun I will have a look into that company. We're a bit out in the sticks where I live so not sure if anywhere does them round here but I will get in touch with them! Feel like it would defo be worth it :) good luck for your scan hun! X

Aw thanks girls, cross posted I think! Sarah you're right thanks hun, they might think I am selfish now but at least they will understand the next day when I show them baba :) and Watermelon that's a good way to look at it too, thankyou! I feel a lot better now :)

Julianne - rubbish isn't it hun,

i was 13 weeks when i was scanned and my pictures were soo clear, i was soo impressed with them plus it wont feel as long until the next milestone. Tri 1 is a long and worrying trimester but just think youll be closer to milestones x

Mine is at 13 weeks too ... I really want another private scan between now and then as I've been spotting the whole way through my pregnancy pretty much.

DH is not liking the idea of forking out another 100 quid though :shock:

Might have to do a sneaky and just book it ... hmmm

il be 12 and a half weeks when we get our scan too and the extra few days is gonna be hell keeping it quiet till we got that little minion piccy xx

Aww really loula? I love the idea of getting even clearer piccies, that will make the extra few days wait worth it :) just feel like I am wishing my life away lol, I want march to be over!

Tweety - do it! Lol :) I am defo thinking about it x

Kaz - I know exacly what you mean, its just infuriating having to wait even longer to tell people isn't it!

Thanks lovelies, I feel much more positive today :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back