mw / big baby / consultants :-(

Kayelle

Reaction score
Had extra mw appoint today to check his measurements , I am now measuring 33 weeks, I wasn't too worried, as I'm tall ish and never was skinny, but now being sent for glucose tolerance test on weds, and consultant on Mon :-(
Feel so sad because she was saying remember no sugar and watch your diet, and she said it in that way like she was saying it in a ' I know it will be hard cos your a massive fatty but try dear' sort of way. I was 11 stone pre pg, which for 5 foot 6 isn't skinny or huge, but I've always had issues with my weight, I was fat when younger etc, so feel really shit like I'm being told that I'm hurting my baby cos I'm eating shit. But I know my diet isn't perfect, but its not bad either! It's mostly fresh cooking and only one takeaway a month, I , don't eat McDonald's ever , I eat fruit and we have chocolate some nights but never usually more than a small bar 2-3 times a week, which I don't think is bad! Sorry for rant just upsets me :-'( I know I'm not skinnyest girl, but there are girls also way bigger than me! Or skinny girls that eat junk alllllll the time :-(
Anyone else felt like this, in same situation? :-(:-( feel so sad eight now :-(

P.s blood pressure , wee and heartbeat are perfect

Feel like I'm sitting here hungry but don't want to eat as snacks are either choc, bread or fruit which I can't have !

I wouldn't worry although it's hard not to when things aren't exactly as we would want! I measured ahead at 31 weeks and after a growth scan which showed baby to be normal size they still asked me to get a 2nd GTT (the first was negative, 2nd one was too). Just trust that they want the best for you, my midwife has told me all sorts of possible outcomes over having extra fluid instead of a big baby and they always make me think 'EEK thanks for saying that' - but I guess they have to tell you the full details!
Are you having a growth scan aswell? or just the GTT?

Don't worry hun GD has nothing to do with what you've been eating this is what my diabetic nurse told me they said it has something to do with the pregnancy hormones the body cannot control the glucose levels and that's why with GD it goes away once you've given birth. My baby is measuring at 40 weeks already and estimated weight last week was 8lbs so im getting induced at 38 weeks x

Same happened to me last fri when i saw mw said I'm measuring 43 and i was 36+4 so I have to see consultant wednesday to see whats what. I don't snack or over eat.

Yeah my mw tends to be stuck on one thing, other ppl I know that have been pg say could be lots of fluid, or he is futher along etc .
No growth scan just the test then consultant. I know they have to tell it how it is but I'm just so worried about everything I eat now!

Thanks sayer, you have reassured me a bit! Did you get told to watch your diet?

hun im over 20 stone and have had 2 GTT tests and a consultant telling em that fat women have a harder time in labour and i have to lose weight after the baby is born but none of the mw have been like that. im almost 6ft tall and have massive bones too so bmi is a crap indicator of body type. i have only put on 7kg during the whole preg and i eat what i feel like as i love healthy stuff like salad and fruit. you shouldnt worry cos your not huge and if your baby is big or you get GD its nothing to do with what you have eaten!
my GTT tests have both been neg and baby is measuring fine when they bother to measure so if i havent got a massive baby then you cant make yours bigger by eating a few naughty things.

Thanks for telling me, I feel a bit cheated by them, if it has nothing to do with my diet then why are they upsetting me by going on about diet? :-(
Tbh I know doctors and mw know what they are doing blah blah , but I think mothers know best!

bit of a stuck in the past idea that women who are preg think they can eat for 2. if you havent changed your diet really from before you were preg and arent eating a whole tub of haagen das every night then i dont see the problem. you know what a normal diet is and what a terrible one is so go with what you know.

did she not mean watch your sugars running up to the test?

thats what they told me......as it can seriously affect the result if you have lots of sugary things on the couple of days leading up to the GTT x

your only a bit off 31 weeks and so measuring 33 isnt big really hun. they usually allow 2cm either way anyway. cant see why your mw seems to be that concerned.

Sams, she said it at appoint like 4 weeks ago, then diff mw 2 weeks ago didn't mention it

Bev I thought that too, so I wasn't worried, and worried that she is worried like I'm not being told something

Do you know the results of the test straight away? X

dont worry, they have proper flapped me and then the midwifes who actually deliver the babies tell me its nothing to worry about having a bigger baby!!!

think they just have to make sure they cross every T and dot every I xx

mine say no news is good news so basically if they dont tell me anything then all is well lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back