***MUST READ*** So, SO beautiful...

Emamay

Reaction score
I don't know why, I'm not religious in any way (which this is based on), but for some reason this story seriously struck a chord...

Once upon a time, twin boys were conceived in the same womb. Weeks passed and the twins developed. As their awareness grew, they laughed for joy: “Isn’t it great that we were conceived? Isn’t it great to be alive?”

Together, the twins explored their world. When they found their mother’s cord that gave them life, they sang for joy: “How great is our mother’s love, that she shares her own life with us!”

As weeks stretched into months, the twins noticed how much each was changing. “What does it mean?” asked the one, “It means that our stay in this world is drawing to an end,” said the other. “But I don’t want to go,” said the other one. “I want to stay here always.” “We have no choice,” said the other. “But maybe there is life after birth!” “But how can there be?” responded the one. “We will shed our life cord, and how is life possible without it? Besides, we have seen evidence that others were here before us, and none of them have returned to tell us that there is a life after birth. No, this is the end.”

And so the one fell into deep despair, saying, “If conception ends in birth, what is the purpose of life in the womb? It’s meaningless! Maybe there is no mother after all?” “But there has to be,” protested the other. “How else did we get here? How do we remain alive?” “Have you ever seen our mother?” said the one. “Maybe she lives only in our minds. Maybe we made her up, because the idea made us feel good?”

And so the last days in the womb were filled with deep questioning and fear. Finally, the moment of birth arrived. They cried as they were born into the light. They coughed out fluid and gasped the dry air. And when they were sure they had been born, they opened their eyes -- seeing life after birth for the very first time.

What they saw was the beautiful eyes of their mother, as they were cradled lovingly in her arms.

They were home.

That brought a tear to my eye! So beautiful ��

I must have a heart of stone cause I thought it was a pile of poop? just seems a bit silly to me?

sorry!

Wow that is beautif, would you mind if I copied it and put it in my FB page and send it to my friend who has a lo? X

Not really my sort of thing tbh

Can see why people like it though x

I think it's lovely. Obviously but then I believe in God, and all that us promised after death, so why would dying and being born not be similar experiences.

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Hmmm, as a mum of twins I like that they were talking to each other in the womb ;)

I can see the moral of the story but I'm not sure if I believe in god so I'm not sure if I appreciate it for its moral or just because its about twins :)

I think the moral could be applied to most things that involve an element of the unknown, not just religion x

I thought it was rather poignant too! Thank you for sharing!

Can't see tickers because I'm on my phone!

I was kinda thinking that twins would more likely be saying to each other "get your arse out of my face!" "stop poking me in the back" or "MOVE OVER"

guess I missed the whole religious part of it.

Awww I love this so much! Thanks Emamay!xxx

I was kinda thinking that twins would more likely be saying to each other "get your arse out of my face!" "stop poking me in the back" or "MOVE OVER"

guess I missed the whole religious part of it.

Sounds like my OH and I in bed that!

I quite liked the story. If anything it brings home just what a scary and weird place the world is for a baby when they're first born!

I quite liked the story. If anything it brings home just what a scary and weird place the world is for a baby when they're first born!

This was pretty much my thinking.
I'm not religious at all, it wasn't that aspect that got to me; more the feelings our little ones must face when their entire world completely changes.

I spent a lot of time speculating over labour... How it would feel, how much it would hurt, how much I'd miss carrying him... Of course the thought crossed my mind that it would be scary for him too, I just never really put effort into thinking about just how massive a change it would be for him...

PB - of course you can copy it. There's several different versions available on the Internet already.

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back