***MUST READ*** So, SO beautiful...

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Emamay, May 27, 2013.

1. Emamay

Emamay Well-Known Member

I don't know why, I'm not religious in any way (which this is based on), but for some reason this story seriously struck a chord...

Once upon a time, twin boys were conceived in the same womb. Weeks passed and the twins developed. As their awareness grew, they laughed for joy: “Isn’t it great that we were conceived? Isn’t it great to be alive?”

Together, the twins explored their world. When they found their mother’s cord that gave them life, they sang for joy: “How great is our mother’s love, that she shares her own life with us!”

As weeks stretched into months, the twins noticed how much each was changing. “What does it mean?” asked the one, “It means that our stay in this world is drawing to an end,” said the other. “But I don’t want to go,” said the other one. “I want to stay here always.” “We have no choice,” said the other. “But maybe there is life after birth!” “But how can there be?” responded the one. “We will shed our life cord, and how is life possible without it? Besides, we have seen evidence that others were here before us, and none of them have returned to tell us that there is a life after birth. No, this is the end.”

And so the one fell into deep despair, saying, “If conception ends in birth, what is the purpose of life in the womb? It’s meaningless! Maybe there is no mother after all?” “But there has to be,” protested the other. “How else did we get here? How do we remain alive?” “Have you ever seen our mother?” said the one. “Maybe she lives only in our minds. Maybe we made her up, because the idea made us feel good?”

And so the last days in the womb were filled with deep questioning and fear. Finally, the moment of birth arrived. They cried as they were born into the light. They coughed out fluid and gasped the dry air. And when they were sure they had been born, they opened their eyes -- seeing life after birth for the very first time.

What they saw was the beautiful eyes of their mother, as they were cradled lovingly in her arms.

They were home.

2. Les1504

Les1504 Well-Known Member

That brought a tear to my eye! So beautiful ��

3. Lynds77

Lynds77 Well-Known Member

I must have a heart of stone cause I thought it was a pile of poop? just seems a bit silly to me?

sorry!

4. Mum2betash

Mum2betash Well-Known Member

Haha that made me laugh, but I quite liked it

5. ChloeNat

ChloeNat Well-Known Member

6. toni64539

toni64539 Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly to be honest

7. PINK BUTTERFLY

PINK BUTTERFLY Well-Known Member

Wow that is beautif, would you mind if I copied it and put it in my FB page and send it to my friend who has a lo? X

8. mrswoody

mrswoody Well-Known Member

Not really my sort of thing tbh

Can see why people like it though x

9. l_maclean

l_maclean Well-Known Member

I think it's lovely. Obviously but then I believe in God, and all that us promised after death, so why would dying and being born not be similar experiences.

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

10. cosmicgirl

cosmicgirl Well-Known Member

Hmmm, as a mum of twins I like that they were talking to each other in the womb ;)

I can see the moral of the story but I'm not sure if I believe in god so I'm not sure if I appreciate it for its moral or just because its about twins :)

I think the moral could be applied to most things that involve an element of the unknown, not just religion x

11. So_hopeful81

So_hopeful81 Well-Known Member

I thought it was rather poignant too! Thank you for sharing!

Can't see tickers because I'm on my phone!

12. Lynds77

Lynds77 Well-Known Member

I was kinda thinking that twins would more likely be saying to each other "get your arse out of my face!" "stop poking me in the back" or "MOVE OVER"

guess I missed the whole religious part of it.

13. babybee

babybee Well-Known Member

Awww I love this so much! Thanks Emamay!xxx

14. littlemonkey

littlemonkey Well-Known Member

Sounds like my OH and I in bed that!

I quite liked the story. If anything it brings home just what a scary and weird place the world is for a baby when they're first born!

15. Emamay

Emamay Well-Known Member