Music

Layla

Reaction score
Hi there,

As most of you know im a major music fan, i post on a music forum, plus a festival forum.

so i thought it might be nice to combine my intrests together and start a music thread in this sectrion of the forum. (hope thats ok?)

What i thought we could do was recomend bands/singers/artists to each other.

I noticed a few on here have the same music tastes as me which prompted me to make this thread.

Sami - some emo bands you will love if you have not heard of them already...

FightStar, best song - Paint your target.
Alter Bridge, best song - open your eyes.
Story of the year, best song - Untill the day i die

Another big band i would recomend to rock fans are Millencolin,
they are punk rock/ ska, best song i would recomend is either Fox or Vixen
excellent band if you need a lift!
Rosebay, if you like Hot Hot Heat, you will love Millencoiln.

what bands/singers/artists do you like, and what would you recomend us to listen too?

Im into Rock/Metal heres a list of bands I like :)

Korn, Slipknot, Slayer, Soulfly, Sepultura, Fear Factory, Black Label Society, American Head Charge, A Perfect Circle, Coal Chamber, Creed, Children Of Bodom, Glassjaw, Raging Speedhorn, Chimaira, Nailbomb, Deftones, Dimmu Borgir, Damageplan, Disturbed, Drowning Pool, Evanescence, Fozzy, Foo Fighters, Guns and Roses, Hatebreed, In Flames, Killswitch Engage, Metallica, Mudvayne, Machine Head, Ozzy Osbourne, Pantera, P.O.D, Static-X, Superjoint Ritual, Soilwork, System Of A Down, Stone Sour, Seether, Rob Zombie, Ratm, Tool etc etc

Loads more but I cant think right now.

Emma xxxx

I loved Disturbed!!

i want to see them gig so badly, but they hardly ever come over here :(

I saw them years ago at Ozzfest, was when they just became well known, they were very good. Sorry not trying to rub it in :(

I dont get to go to any gigs or festivals any more what with my daughter, and I definatley wont be able to with another one on the way. I dont mind though, id rather have my daughter and little bump any day :D

Have you seen any good bands live?

Emma
xxxx

I have seen loads, i will name a few, i doubt if i can remember them all..

Green day - best live band ever!
The Darkness - great stage show
linkin park
RHCP
the white stripes
razorlight
sum 41
good charlotte
fightstar
evenescence
AAR
bowling for soup
simple plan
NFG
lost profits
SOAD
incubus
the Distillers
Papa Roach
Offspring

loads more but i cant think who of the top of my head

Emzy, I like the same music as you. Saw Killswitch Engage and SOAD live at Download this year, SOAD were amazing. Baby had its first little mosh when I was 14 weeks pregnant, and the other day I out on their new album and baby started kicking (has good taste already). When my OH plays guitar baby starts kicking as well. One of my fave albums has to be Billy Talent, really liked that. Also 36 crazyfists.

Emzy my OH says listen to The Bled and the Haunted (though I wasn't too impressed with them when we saw them live supporting Funeral for a Friend). Also Trivium, that's a bit heavy for me but they are good live.

This is a good idea for a thread Layla. I need to listen to more music, have negected my ears recently.

I havent heard much of Billy Talents stuff

I have "try Honesty" but thats all i know from them.

any songs you recomend me to get?

My favourites are "This is how it goes" and "Voices of Violence". I pretty much liked the whole of their album, in fact am gonna listen to it now as am in the mood for it after talking about it. If you liked Try Honesty I recommend you have a listen x

got those two just now

LOVE Voices of Violence, its not as heavy as the others, more ska/punk like

Cheers!

When I was pregnant with my first I went to see Korn. I didnt know I was pregnant then. I was feeling sick all the way up to London on the train, and I didnt feel like drinking. I thought they were amazing live but felt too sick to enjoy it. I just thought id eaten a dodgy McDonalds LOL

Am really pleased you like "Voices of Violence" Layla, I have just been singing along to it. xxx

Rah Metal heads!!
Thank the lord, since moving out to the sticks I have lost touch with the music scene as I used to live a lot closer to london it was easier. Plus my ex-husband is in the business and so are a lot of my old friends. Now Im right out on the east coast and my OH isnt a big music buff. so I have really lost touch.
I have been experimenting with playing different music to bump. I dont know if any of you got the free CD from Pampers of 'sounds in the womb' but it plays classical mucis of different styles to see what your baby responds to. Mine went for the really loud dramatic stuff. So much to OHs displeasure, for a laugh I decided to stick on some black metal for it to listen to. Fair enough I dodnt get any real response but when I stuck on Dimmu Borger the bub went mental listning to the the big orchestral intro. I have never had the baby move so much! So I went through my Black metal stuff just playing the orchestral stuff and it went crazy for all of it!

Rah Im harbouring a black metaller!!!!!

lol cool cat, you got your baby well trianed already :D

I am going to start playing a song to my baby soon, i had the idea what if he/she hears it alot in the womb, when she/he comes out and starts crying for no reason i.e doesnt need a feed, or nappy change etc, i will play this song and it will hopefuly remind she/he of the womb and comfort her/him.

not sure if it will work but i will give it a go!

As much as i would love to play a punk/ska song, i dont think my neighbours would thank me if i have to play that at 3am every morning lol

so im going for James Blunt, Your Beautiful, just coz i love that song myself.

I have been doing that, tried to find a suitable song for ages, ie something soft that I can play to sooth, dont want to blask metallica out at night when we are all trying to sleep.

Found ideal song though
Smashing Pumpkins - Farewell and goodnight (off the Mellon Collie album)
Its a lullaby plus the words are in the inlay so I sing along with it too!

At the moment it has to be James Blunt and Daniel Powter.......if you love James you'll love Daniel too!!

I got daniels album the other day, i love it!

-Cat- said:
Found ideal song though

Good choice Cat, I love that tune. Might try my little one on it as I don't think our neighbours will appreciate Daddy's guitar palying at night (and I certainly won't!!!)

Laya - which album of avenged sevenfold's do you like?

-Cat- said:
Found ideal song though

Good choice Cat, I love that tune. Might try my little one on it as I don't think our neighbours will appreciate Daddy's guitar palying at night (and I certainly won't!!!)

-Cat- said:
Found ideal song though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back