Music Magpie

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by HopesDreams, Jun 9, 2013.

1. HopesDreams

HopesDreams Well-Known Member

Has anyone used this? I've been thinking of using it to off some CDs. I know it doesn't pay much but it saves me running back & forth to the post office. I just want to hear people's experiences of it?

2. MrsT2011

MrsT2011 Well-Known Member

Yes I've used it a few times. If you've got lots of DVDs and CDs its worth doing. I got the app on my iPhone so I can scan the barcodes x

3. HopesDreams

That's what I got (the app). How does it work hun?

4. russellmuscle

russellmuscle Well-Known Member

I seen one on money saving forum people were saying you get more per item on the site zapper I think it's like a charity run thing that takes CDs books and DVDs... Have a wee look about.

Xxxxx

5. Mrs N

Mrs N Well-Known Member

We have done it, it is good but takes forever to do, they collect for free if you sell over 25 items so not much hassle!
    Xxx

6. HopesDreams

Mrs N, does it take long to get your money?

7. Mrs N

Mrs N Well-Known Member

I sent one off last Monday and i have just had an email to say they are checking it now so prob takes about 2 weeks? I asked for a cheque but u can get a direct bank transfer too which would make it quicker!
    Xxx

8. HopesDreams

Do you have to box it up yourself? Or do they provide the box? Sorry for all the dumb questions. I plan to sit down tomorrow when O is napping & scan, scan, scan!

9. Mrs N

Mrs N Well-Known Member

You have to provide a box (get one they are gong to throw at the supermarket if you don't have one) and box it up and tape it down, they email you a label to stick to the box and then you get to choose a day for collection, only pain is it is a 8am to 8pm jobbie but if your not in then you can ring to rearrange a collection date.
    Xxx

10. LikeJohnnYoko

LikeJohnnYoko Well-Known Member

I've used it a few times. You don't get much generally but if you have a tonne of stuff to sell it adds up (especially if you have more obscure stuff). We boxed it ourself, but they give you a label and send a courier for it :)