Music for labour/birth

Heres Hoping

Reaction score
Hi girls, ive been thinking about making a playlist for hosp/labour while i have the time on my hands. Thought it would help pass the time, keep me relaxed & focused. Just wondered has any one done the same & what type of music helped? Has anyone any music suggestions? Ive visions of me being very irritable so the radio may not be a good choice lol x

To be honest I'm going to do a playlist on my
IPod and also back it up with a CD just incase they don't have docking stations and do all my favourite music!
All my favourite artists new and old...
Michael Jackson
Eva Cassidy
Emeli Sande
Etc

Some people like more soothing music but to me I want something familiar that reminds me
Of happy times xxx

I want motivating music, like foo fighters, oasis and nirvana! depends what you're in to though!! I'll be home all being well, so hoping good music or a fav movie will be a good distraction.

I went for calming piano music by Ludovico Einaudi. TBH I barely noticed the music in the end, especially once I got hold of the G&A! xx

I've been thinking about this but think it may annoy me... I can't decide what to put on the play list... They have docking stations in the rooms at our hospital X

Tapatalking. X

See i usually like biffy, foo fighters & red hot chilli peppers etc. think i might do a v self indulgent play list of all my fav tunes & then a seperate one with relaxing soothing stuff incase the livier music gets on my nerves. I dont listen to much relaxing slow music, has anyone got any suggestions to keep me chilled out? x

I had 3 different playlists for my delivery, a pop one, relaxation/ meditation and rock. The ones that helped the most was pop as I could sing along and it took my mind of the pain!

Ive visions of me being very irritable so the radio may not be a good choice lol x

Radio is definitely not the best choice! They had it playing in the operating theatre when I had my section and that, plus the inane chatting of the staff drove me insane!!!

I'll probably go for something calming this time. I had Einaudi's I Giorni for my wedding, so I'll probably go with that as it reminds me of what a wonderful day we had.

I want motivating music, like foo fighters, oasis and nirvana! depends what you're in to though!! I'll be home all being well, so hoping good music or a fav movie will be a good distraction.

This is wfSt I want lol I'm a rock/metal head so want some iron maiden and Metallica too lol x

I'm thinking of doing this too...I need some new music to start listening to when I'm on mat leave.

I'm gonna have lots of upbeat singalong stuff, jack off Jill, hole, feeder, brand new etc! (yes I seriously need to update my music knowledge!)

Ill prob take in some lamb or The XX for chill out tunes

Xx

I always meant to make a playlist but never got round to it so they just had the radio on - it was the local radio station which is pretty terrible but to be honest, I didn't really notice much of it! The only thing I noticed as I held my tiny wee baby about an hour after she was born was that Ewan MacGregor's version of "Your Song" was playing and the lyrics "how wonderful life is now you're in the world" meant oh so much!xxx

I always meant to make a playlist but never got round to it so they just had the radio on - it was the local radio station which is pretty terrible but to be honest, I didn't really notice much of it! The only thing I noticed as I held my tiny wee baby about an hour after she was born was that Ewan MacGregor's version of "Your Song" was playing and the lyrics "how wonderful life is now you're in the world" meant oh so much!xxx

OMG that is so lovely!!!! You couldnt of planned that any better, what a great memory x

See that leads me onto another thought, have heard ladies commenting on songs which stood out for them during labour or as they delivered. Im sure theres plenty of dodgy ones, like a bat out of hell or something lol x

I like your way of thinking.

This I such a great idea, I never even thought about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back