Mummy tummy

cers123

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Question... how r u guys getting off the baby weight?
My little guy will b 1 next month and I still look around 9 months pregnant.

Has anyone tried juice plus or herbalife?

Is it just a waste. ?

I walk a lot! My little one is 8 months and I've lost 1st 8lb so far by just walking. We go out every day for a 4-5 mile trek and its working.

I don't know anything about juice plus etc.

Good luck!

Not quite related but I still have the tummy despite losing the baby weight (was 9st 9 when I got pregnant, now 9 st) - in the evenings I still look 4 months pregnant!

Tbh I haven't done any tummy exercises which might help with that, who knows?

I haven't been dieting but reasonably active due to lots of housework and no help with it (moved house just before Christmas to an unfurnished place).

I would agree that walking is pretty good at burning calories, if you wanted to ramp it up maybe you could try walking with baby in a sling? x

Last edited:
My Lo is 1 in 2 weeks, I've been breastfeeding until 2 weeks ago so couldn't diet but I'm going to try and be better eating wise from now. Another walker here, I love walking. I've also invested in a back carrier to keep her weight on me which I use for walks and also to do bits of work on our farm

I've still got 1/2 stone to lose which I hope to by end of June before a family wedding. The weathers improving slightly so I'm hoping to do longer walks

I don't know about herbalife but please don't do juice plus, it's all rubbish. It sounds healthy and like it's all good stuff but look at the ingredients list and Google some of it, it's not good for you

You'd be better going to slimming world or somewhere where you can get guidance with your diet and do it in a healthy way

When my lg was about 7 months I joined SW as I was sick of looking pregnant! I lost almost three stone in about eight months and managed to keep it off - it's really easy and you can say loads! I'm now pregnant again, but will be joining SW in January :) X

I was just saying in another thread I'm not sure about calorie intake when breastfeeding. I've just started logging what I eat on my fitness pal and using nutri bullet for smoothies.

I'm not dieting, just eating healthier all round. I still have slip ups but I just carry on healthy after instead of waiting till Monday to start again because then ill binge eat till Monday!

Long term I think Slimming World is great, my mum follows it and I'm amazed at how much you can eat on it. For a kick start I did C9 and it took a lot of the bloat away but it's only really good for a boast to rethinking how you eat, and actually planning meals which is my problem some days I have dinner and that's it which is probably just as bad as eating too much.

I think Herbalife and Juice Plus are the same ideas but are meant longer term and personally I don't think things like that are sustainable.

Cx

I used juice plus and lost 2 stone for my wedding. If u want a quick fix it does work. It's a meal replacement so you will lose the weight quick but soon as you stop you will put it back on. I joined slimming world after my son was born and lost a stone. Fell preg again soon after. Joined again after my youngest he's 10 months and Im 2lb off the 2s tone loss again. I love it the recepies are endless and food Is delish. I'd deffo reccomend a calorie controlled diet over shakes. Plus alot cheaper ! X

I walked for more than an hour every day when my son was born. Took 3 months to lose all the baby weight. And just ate normal. Xxx

A mummy tummy, aka still looking pregnant when one has lost most of the weight, isn't necessary due to the remaining weight but to separated abdominal muscles, called diastasis recti. That's a normal part of pregnancy as they have to separate to accommodate a growing uterus, however for quite a few these muscles don't come back together naturally. There are many reasons for that I won't go into (books have been written about it). The right exercise regime can help.

Whatever you do exercise wise, please DONT do abdominal crunches or any activity that causes the middle of the tummy to pouch out further - this makes the muscle separation wider.

Last edited:
A mummy tummy, aka still looking pregnant when one has lost most of the weight, isn't necessary due to the remaining weight but to separated abdominal muscles, called diastasis recti. That's a normal part of pregnancy as they have to separate to accommodate a growing uterus, however for quite a few these muscles don't come back together naturally. There are many reasons for that I won't go into (books have been written about it). The right exercise regime can help.

Whatever you do exercise wise, please DONT do abdominal crunches or any activity that causes the middle of the tummy to pouch out further - this makes the muscle separation wider.

This! I have knackered stomach muscles from having two large babies and only being short. I've lost all my baby weight since having my youngest a year ago now, but my stomach still sticks out a bit. The best thing I've found is working on my pelvic floor and posture. I've also started wearing high wasted jeans cos they're more flattering.

After my 1st I did post natal core exercises off YouTube. There are some great instructions there. They really seemed to help. My second was 11lbs and I dont think I'll ever have quite the same tummy, lol.

I am trying very hard !
Controlling my calories and doing lots of walking and gym or swim every other day. Lost about 2 stone so far but only 7 lb since my weight stabilised after having baby.

It's so slow

I've actually lost all the weight from my 6 week old just from giving birth and breast feeding - no one is more surprised than me because I have struggled to lose weight my whole life so I've done every diet. Prior to having my 16 month old I did Herbalife for a year and it did work but you should be exercising as well and making sure you have snacks as well as your shakes. I don't think it was unhealthy if you did it properly but you have to be committed and it's not that cheap. SW or WW would probably be good and a better education in nutrition. I kept the weight off until I got pregnant with my first, I put on 4 stone with her and only lost 2 before I was pregnant again and I put on 2 stone 10lbs with my second x

I managed to get to a lower weight than I was pre-pregnancy within about a yr of having Jake....but iv still got a bit of a belly. I'm admit apart from walking and taking jake swimming every week I don't do a structured form of exercise and I'm not dieting...but yet if still got what I call my "tummy apron". jake was 8 lb 8oz born hut was very big (60cms long).
I think alot of motivation is lost because I know at some point down the line we will be trying for another baby tho xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back