Mummies who had PGP/SPD

scn

Reaction score
Hi ladies
I've had PGP/SPD since 12 weeks and it's really quite bad now.
I'm getting really worried about what it's going to be like after birth, I'm having an elective section and I'm panicking about how I'm going to manage it on top of the section pain.

How long did it take for it to go away after your birth?

I had it both in pregnancies and it literally went instantly! X

Had it with my second. Thankfully within 2 weeks after birth it vanished xx

Good to hear that, thanks xx

I had it in both pregnancies and mine lasted a couple of weeks after birth but it wasn't as painful. I really only felt it if I walked too much. But being round the house it was minimal.

Went away straightaway I think - there was a whole load of different pain after that, but that was just consequences of birth haha

Yeah pregnancy pains go away quite quick. I fell at 30 weeks and strained my groin bad and that took a few weeks but pelvic pain was first couple of days both times. Hope your keeping good other than that, excited to see you here :)

My friend suffered worse than me but she had twins. She had to go physio after the babies because it lingered.

I didn't have it with my first. Only with this one and so will have to wait and see how we go after. If it doesn't leave I'll deffo go physio.

xxxxx

I had it quote bad with both, with the first it went pretty much immediately but with the second it lingered for about a month. I think having the two so close together meant my muscles were seriously floppy and needed more time to recuperate

It disappeared straight away for me after my first.
With my second pregnancy, it appeared as my first symptom and was much worse throughout. It was immediately better after the birth, but I still had noticeably sore and weak hips for a few weeks after. At 14 weeks pp it's almost gone. I considered going back to the doctors, but it hasn't been unmanageable at any point. My main problem has been building my strength back up gradually as I had gotten used to doing so little to minimise the pain while I was pregnant, that's it taking me a while to get my fitness and strength back. Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back