Mum on OBEM

beckyboo1

Reaction score
Gosh I don't think I could cope with having that ladies mum around as she's so nervous etc.

Poor girl saying she needs to stay strong for her mum

Yes his comment just after the birth if his son was weird!! Poor child has a life if wacky hair do's to come!!

I said the same to hubby! If my mum was so nervous - which is understandable - I couldn't have her there adding extra stress to me, and me having to be strong for her... as wrong as that sounds, your mum really should be there to support you eh. I sound like a selfish brat right now but its allowed lol! xxx

I also said exactly the same to my hubby!! Although I find having your mum there at all a bit wierd, as although we are really close we don't have that sort of relationship. My mum would probably tell me to shut up and get on with it if she was in the room with me!! lol I'd rather have my MIL - she'd bring a nice pack up and is obliged to be sympathetic as she isn't related to me!! ha ha!

My mum would just tell me to belt up and stop moaning, plus I would get clipped round the ear for swearing lol. I'd rather have my OH there as it's his fault and he is obliged to make me feel better xxxxxxxxx

I can totally understand if she wanted her mum there...however why wud u want ur mum there is
a) ur mum is abit unstable n shes gonna make u nervous the whole way through and
b) u are the one who is in charge of comforting her...nstead of concentrating on ur own labour.

ODD!!!

xxx

I can see why that poor mum was nervous after what she had gone through, i could never have my mother there, she would drive me crazy! ive told hubby not to phone her till the baby arrives otherwise she will be phoning and annoying him constantly!

Yeah I agree I can see why someone would want their mum! My mum is going to be there when I go into labour because she will tell me to get on with it!! I get really pathetic around OH when I feel ill/tired etc, whereas my mum has a knack of making me snap out of it, so she will be good when I think I can't do it anymore! Lol.

If my mum was the same as the one last night though I would def not have her there, from a purely selfish point of you the mum should be there to help you, you shouldn't have to 'put on a brave face' while you're in labour x

My mum would just tell me to belt up and stop moaning, plus I would get clipped round the ear for swearing lol. I'd rather have my OH there as it's his fault and he is obliged to make me feel better xxxxxxxxx

HAHA this would be my mum, she was a bit put out when I said she wasn;t going to be there but I have her on dog sitting duty now lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back