Mum friend troubles

Meh

Reaction score
If you like reading a long story with all the details, read on. After my second baby was born, I felt alone and wanted to make friends with another mom in my neighborhood. Made a friend and had regular meetups for about a year and a half where we talked and the kids played. After the friend learned that we had a different religion, it felt like she lost respect for me. I respect all religions, and believe "to each his own". Sometimes she did not respond to my messages, but still we would have meetups (she also asked for meetups, not just me). For the whole summer holiday she completely ignored all my messages. When we got back i organised a meetup. She wanted to come and acted as if everything was fine. I had a miscarriage with my third pregnancy. My friend was telling me that she want to go back to college to study some more. I told her that it sounds great and she should do it if she feels like it. I told her i had a MC and she was all surprised. 2 weeks later
She told me they are also trying for baby number 3 now since she thought she was pregnant a few days before and her husband did not look angry that she might have been pregnant. She did say that he is a bit worried about the prospect of adding another child to the family. Sonce their youngest just turned one year old. She grabbed her stomach and said to her tummy "you better be in there already, before my husband changes his mind" I was still broken after the MC and wished that i could be pregnant again soon and felt that it was insensitive of her to go on about hoping to be pregnant after I was hurting inside and suddenly her plans to study was nonexistent. We dont spend our money on expensive furniture or flashy objects. Since we choose to prioritise and dont care about putting out an image out there to try and look rich. After went to her house for a another meetup, she told me that she and her husband were a little concerned about the financial aspect of adding a third child
But then she looked at me and said that if other people can do it, so can they. I got pregnant again and she asked me how i was feeling. i told her about the Msickness that the tests and everything went fine and i let her know the gender of our child. I also asked her how she was doing. She just did not reply. I feel like she tried to assume our financial situation, based on our possessions. got into competition mode to get pregnant after i told her about my Miscarriage, did not have any empathy after my Miscarriage and only talks to me when suits her. Personally i really hope she does get pregnant again. Just feel like she based her decision on getting preg. Again on the fact that I was trying

Should i go on with this friendship?

In a nutshell no. It is up to you though. Sounds like a very sone sided and toxic friendship. I had friends like this and it was draining. Constantly being judged and compared to and acting like a competition. You just need to ask yourself do you want to continue with a friendship where you don’t really get any support and it’s a competition?
I’m sorry about your miscarriage I know how painful it is. It could be she was like this as just didn’t know what to say. Some People don’t know how to react. Or it could be she’s just so selfish she just doesn’t realise or care.
With regards to the religion part. Regardless what anyone’s beliefs are should not matter to friends let alone be judged by it. I’d say if you want maybes see how things go but don’t chase up or organise anything. Sounds like it may just fizzle out. Good luck to you. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back