Mum and baby competition scam

Pambi

Reaction score
Sorry if this is not the right place to post. I just wanted to warn others that may have entered details into this website (Mum and baby online) or similar competitions website.

I have just taken a call from someone from a company calling themselves CMC World (resorts and hotels) telling me I had won a weeks accommodation worth up to £1000 in Orlando Florida, Tenerife, Costa Del Sol among others. All my DH and I needed to do was attend a meeting in London at one of their offices.

A little online searching revealed that the scam is that while you can eventually claim free accommodation, to do this you and partner must attend the day long session in London where they hard sell you Time Share property. If you don't take up a time share op, they try to persuade you into buying extorionate flights.

If you take up the accommodation offer, you are then still required to attend hard sell time share sessions while on holiday or have to pay for your accommodation. Its not a holiday, its one big bullying marketing exercise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back