Mulled wine - alcohol content ?

Melanie3103

Reaction score
Bearing in mind most if the alcohol burns off? Any idea how much alcohol in a glass??
X

Depends how much is put in ? It's hard to say as one mulled wine recipe - will be different to another ?

This is pre mixed in a bottle from supermarket.

Compared to a bottle of red wine (14% for whole bottle!!) a bottle of mulled wine is 10% for whole bottle - so a gls of mulled wine is better than a glass of red.

I have the occasional glass of wine now.

Oh right sorry I thought more when your out and about at Xmas fairs and stuff lol

You've answered your own question then :)

I don't think the alcohol burns off in mulled wine because you're not supposed to let it boil. I could be wrong though!

i dont think it burns off as its just warmed.

i think its vile anyway so never thought about it llol

The alcohol only burns off if you fast boil it until it stops bubbling for a little bit and you can no longer smell alcohol in the fumes. Normally you only warm it, so there'll still be lots of alcohol in it.

If you're heating any alcoholic drink, I'll start to boil at about 70deg. This is the alcohol coming off. It then stops bubbling once the alcohol has all boiled off. If you continue to heat it, it'll start boiling again, and that's because it's now at water boiling temp.

Marks and Spencer's actually sell an alcohol free mulled wine. It tastes just as good as the real thing xxxx

I am crazy about mulled wine, it's my favourite thing about winter/Xmas. Gutted to not be able to indulge this year, might check out the alcohol free stuff though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back