Mucus plug?

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Vic27, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Vic27

Vic27 Well-Known Member

Tmi alert! So went for a pee kinda felt like I might need a poo but just wind lol so when I stood up and looked in the toilet pan like u do I noticed some kind of red/pink stuff floating on the top so I got a piece of tissue and kind of scooped a bit out and it reminded me of bloody snot yuk! But when I wiped myself after peeing there was nothing on the tissue?! Wot do u think? X

2. nbrintz

nbrintz Well-Known Member

Sounds like ur show Hun x

3. Vic27

Vic27 Well-Known Member

I was actually more concerned and worried that it came from the back end lol! Which my husband was thrilled about when I told him haha! I actually looked up google images and saw a couple pics that looked like mine so feel a bit better x

4. nbrintz

Hope it's the start of something for u my little brother has become a daddy today sharing the royal baby birthday also s little boy x

5. JoeyClare

JoeyClare Well-Known Member

Sounds like how the midwife described it to me. I keep checking, but still nothing!

6. Vic27

Vic27 Well-Known Member

Should I phone my mw just to b sure I'm a little worried as my friend had her show and it was yellow/brown mucus mines was more blood mixed with discharge is this normal? X

7. nbrintz

Mine looked clear with streaks of red veins in it stmi this was almost 10 years ago x

8. Vic27

Vic27 Well-Known Member

I feel a bit cramps like when ur period is coming on I'm getting the babies bag ready as not done that yet better to b safe than sorry! I've put a pad on so ill keep an eye on it an go from there thanks girls! X

9. l_maclean

l_maclean Well-Known Member

Sounds like mucus plug - it used to be refered to as a 'bloody show' so its perfectly normal for it to be tinged with red!!

10. Vic27

Vic27 Well-Known Member

Thanks girls not sure of all this it's my first incase u hadn't guessed lol! I feel a little but crampy like when ur getting ur period and I feel like I am going to have an upset tummy I'm gonna just see wot happens over the next few hours just incase x

11. Positive37

Positive37 Well-Known Member

Vic how are u?

12. Vic27

Vic27 Well-Known Member

Hey Hun I'm ok had some mild cramping through the night like when ur about to start ur period keep goin to the toilet expecting something to b there but there's nothing lol! Got a bit of an upset tummy too I phoned the mw they offered to see me but I was shattered so just got a good sleep I've packed my hospital bags just incase but I don't think very much is happening prob just my body preparing for when it eventually does I must admit I got a bit excited/nervous last night lol! How's things wit u? X