Mucus plug.... sorry tmi! bit confused?

Mrsjones1209

Reaction score
I started loosing my plug about 2 weeks and it was clear snotty and so exciting! Ha ha! Then last week it turned brown (assuming that was old blood?) and it was like that until yday when it turned clear again and was comming out in huge massive globs!! (How much plug Is up there!!!?) is it normal for it to change from one colour to the other like that?

Karlie xxx

Im still waiting to the the 'bloody show' bit!
Im sick of this snotty stuff, even tho its pathetic amounts each time, i only got one big blob a few days back.

Odd that its gone back to the clear type stuff again tho!!!! Ive always thought how much is up there lolol!

FX its not much longer and ur lil MR is out this week! And Noah! ;)

I dreamt lastnight that i text u saying im in labour and u text back saying IAM ASWELL!

And we kept texting eachother updates and both logged on here to still do eachothers labour threads LMFAO! :shock: xx

Yeah u can lose it over a long period of time, plus normal discharge can thicken and add to the confusion cuz that also gets a bit "snotty" ..... But ur actual plug is really gloopy and can b white, clear, dark brown or yellow. So that's no official colour, urs sounds like it's just coming away gradually, and obv different parts of it are different colours.

X

totally tri hopping here, am I the only one whod never even heard of the 'plug' before using this forum?? lol it sounds just dlightful though....cant wait! lol

I never had a clue pip lmfaoo!

I remember tri hoping over here when i was in tri 1 and saw a thread saying I HAD MY SHOW!
and it kept coming up on OBEM and i thought wtf is a show!!!?
googled it.... almost threw up hahahaha!

But now when i go to the toilet i get excited when i see it haahahahahaahaa :shock: xx

Here's a question, I normally wear a pad cos of discharge, have done for months now. Will I know Iv had a show? Is it really different from normal discharge? Will the pad absorb it or is it really thick? I worry about this with my waters too, how will I know?

Here's a question, I normally wear a pad cos of discharge, have done for months now. Will I know Iv had a show? Is it really different from normal discharge? Will the pad absorb it or is it really thick? I worry about this with my waters too, how will I know?

the wetter part has but no mine has kinda sat on the pad, felt the wet feeling and then went to loo.. but i seem to get more on the tissue wen i wipe then the pad.

i dnt think ull mistake the waters tho hun.. but its my 1st so im guessing lol xxx

I hear alot about people wearing maternity pads, what are these? Where do I buy them & should I be wearing one? I'm 27 weeks & have never worn pads in my life! Well, not since I was 12 & had my first period!!!! Ewww! X

they r massive pads hun like night pads but bigger and thicker. they r for after birth hun cos ull be bleeding alot, blood clots aswell. to minimise the leaking hun.
u r not allowed to wear tampons for atleast 8 weeks, till after bleeding stops n uve had 1st period.

ive bought asdas little angels mat pads, 98p for 10 ull need a good few!!
but atm ull just need panty liners just cos of discharge xx

Last edited:
It's deffo plug, as I've noticed my discharge has gone really watery! :0/ This thread has so much tmi from me, Lol! So sorry!
Lmao dani!!! I'm telling ya, that's how it's gonna happen! :D funny!!
Pippa, I'd not heard of half the things that go hand in hand with pregnancy till after I joined this forum! I was like oh holy shit! Wtf! No body tells ya about any of this before hand!!!!!!!
I've got tesco maternity pads as my friend had stocked up on millions for after the birth of her son in November so I've not bought any yet! Plus tesco is just down the road if I need any.....I shall send hubby on a fanny pad run if I need it! Haha!! *so cruel* hehehe!

Karlie xxx

hahaha ive shown mike the packet and the isle in asda where to get them! ive bought 7 packs.. thats 70pads!? how many more will i need lol!
but i think ill constantly want to change it incase of leaking! dnt fancy that on my DFS sofas that ive only just started paying for haha!

Yeh my discharge is mega watery!?? is this something that happens close to the end.. i stood up earlier and felt a lil trickle.. felt it and finger was wet with slight white discharge (lush sorry haahha) so went up to loo and it was defo just discharge and obv not waters but i thought gosh, couldnt control that! ill be lending my mums tena ladies soon!!! haha
Need to get onto this pelvix floor thingys! ill so regret not doing them.. they seem like so much effort tensing my foof haha! xx

Oh wow yes you'll defo notice the plug!

I described mine last time as "lemon meringue"!!!! Haha! It was gooey and lumpy as snotty looking. My oh has hated me ever since as I've ruined his fave pudding lol!!

Last time, mine came out after a wee, I wipe and it was all just there on the tissue! Was so groce! But had to show oh just because it was like "omg has this really just happened?!!" Haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back