Mucus Plug - How long after did you?

LouiseH

Reaction score
How long after loosing your mucus plug did you go into labour?
For everyone who's already given birth :)

Also, can it come away bit by bit? Or does it all come at once?
Just been to the loo and discovered jellyish/snotty clear but white (if that makes sense) stuff down there. Googled it, and it looks like a few other 'plugs' on there. Is this everything? Or will there be more? Do I need to ring hosp? Or am I fine? Lol

Sorry first pregnancy xxx

I noticed my first bit of plug at 40w 6d, about 5pm in the evening and had a few mild period pains. I was on proper knicker watch being 6 days overdue as you can imagine.

I kept losing a little bit and by 10pm that night I was getting definite pains that I started to time.

I had 36h at home and then another 14h in the hospital before James arrived :shock: it all started 10pm on the 11th and I had him 1am on 14th.

I am sure I am not the norm though so don't worry!!

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I started losing mine at 36weeks, had a sweep at 40weeks and lost some more an I was eventually induced, 1st time at 40+4, 2nd time at 40+5...

just goes to show it doesn't always mean labour is iminent lol!

Have you and oh dtd recently? Only coz I have had bits of plug type stuff but I'm not sure if its just *ahem* tmi spunk! Lol. When I lost my plug with my daughter it was the night before I gave birth and it was everytime I wiped thick, stringy snotty stuff. No denying what is was!

Have you and oh dtd recently? Only coz I have had bits of plug type stuff but I'm not sure if its just *ahem* tmi spunk! Lol. When I lost my plug with my daughter it was the night before I gave birth and it was everytime I wiped thick, stringy snotty stuff. No denying what is was!

Haha no it defo wasn't sperm lol.
We haven't for a few days as I've been too sore & tired.
Hopefully getting it on with him tonight may help things along lol x

I started losing mine about a week and a half before, clearish white as you describe. Then my waters went on my due date before any pains/tightenings and I lost the rest of my plug at the same time. The my daughter arrived 6 hours later :)

I had a couple of contractions (45 mins/ 30 mins apart) and then lost my plug, had the bloody show shortly after.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

There is no norm...

You can lose it weeks before and it can replenish.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back