mucous plug??please help asap

*saulino*

Reaction score
Hi

my friend is 39 weeks tom and had her check up shes thinned, soft and dialated,....
she just went to the bathroom and she said shes bleeding, and is kinda mucousy thick, does this sound like it??? she said its all over her underwear ???

thanks
Katrina

Hi

Yes it does sound like it could well be her plug but even though it 'can' be blood 'streaked' its not always and from how you explained it, it sounds like she could be losing more blood than normal.

I'd get her to phone the labour and delivery ward to double check and make sure, they might just want to check her. Best to get checked thn leave things to chance.

Keep us updated and wish her all the best

thinking of her
:hug:

Hi

thank you soo much for your quick reply.
i told her to phone her doc since she was just there shes had a bad pregnancy with bleeding at different times in her pregnancy .
i never lost my plus before having baby so i dont know what to look for lol
thanks again :hug:
Katrina

you said she was checked, was she given an internal? cos if she was tht can cause slight bleeding, this is wot happened after my sweep, it was all in my underwear, like snotty blood lol, soz tmi!

Hi

im thinking that i just talked to her
OH and i said it might be because they did an internaol , thanks i know she gets worried from her stressful pregnancy!!
shes waiting for her doctor to phone her back
Katrina

Hi

im thinking that i just talked to her
OH and i said it might be because they did an internaol , thanks i know she gets worried from her stressful pregnancy!!
shes waiting for her doctor to phone her back
Katrina

it does sound like a show, cos she described it as quite thick and mucusy :D

My first i lost it in bits, just like small sticky lumps of snot (sorry tmi)

my 2nd was like a jelly lump of thick cm but a little pinky and blood streaked

my third, well thats was just gross, kept coming andcoming when i wiped and was everywhere, really horrible and lasted about 3 days....

I'm dreading what this one will be like, i'm scecretly hoping i start with waters breaking so it washes it all away :rotfl: :rotfl:

Let us know how your friend gets on

People here talk about a mucus/jelly sort of lump... but I remember that the only reason I went to the hospital when I was in labour was because I was "bleeding"...

I'd bled loads through my pregnancy, didn't know much about labour and shows etc, so panicked, phoned the MW and she told me to go to the hospital and get checked because of my history... It turned out it was my show and I was in labour... but obviously I was just like your friend, terrified it was something more serious.

I never had an internal so that wouldn't have caused mine.... but some people do experience bleeding as a show.. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Tell your friend to call a MW anyways...

Hi

Thanks for your reply shes suppost to phone doc back if it continues....
today at the doc she said shed have her baby by saturday so could maybe be a start to somthing will have to see what they say!!
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back