Moving onto sippy cups

Rachel1509

Reaction score
Noah is 8 months old now and won't drink out of a sippy cup. I've offered it to him a few times since he was 6 months and he struggles with the flow. I've bought a few different ones with different tops but he doesn't get on with them. I know it's no big rush but he's really fussy drinking as it is. He can only currently drink juice and water from a number 1 teat (newborn) and even then he chokes and coughs on that!! So don't know what to do or when to do the change. Any tips?

I don't think I introduced a sippy cup to Seren until she was 10 or 11 months old. And then by the time she was 1 I was able to do away with bottles altogether. Stick some water in the cup and let him play with it. I'm sure in a few months he'll start to get the hang of it. They all get there in the end, they just master things in their own time. X

Mam do handles for their bottles (available in mothercare) and I'm about to start using that and a small bottle with Albert as he hates sippy cups. I think tesco sell universal handles that go on under the teat collar xxxxxxxxx

Was going to suggest like BB- I started with putting handles on my tommee tippee bottles and then after he'd got used to that I swapped the teat for a sippy spout

Have you tried putting the sippy cup ith the juice in the fridge then giving it to him when its cold.

I did this with ila one day completely accidental, i had taken it out so it would get to room temperature but she caught glimpse of it and wanted it there and then. She absolutely loved how cold it was. I think its a whole new sensory thing for them. Since then she loves her sippy cup, its a TT one with skinny handles so its easy to grab and keep hold of xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back