Moving on to cows milk

traci

Reaction score
Do you wean gradually onto it or just replace fully straight away? I've got 2 boxes of formula left, then I'm putting her on milk. Should I just start with replacing one bottle to start with?

I just replaced it x just gave her a bottle in the morning and at night :)

Although you've got to make sure LO is getting balanced meals etc as cows milk doesn't have the same sustenance as baby milk x

You can do either or. I've got a full box so this week we've dropped 2 morning bottles for 2 cups of milk (works out about 1 full bottle into two drinks ifykwim)
Next week i'll switch her afternoon & bedtime milk to cows milk. She is still having milk in the night so am going to stick with formula for now as I can put it in her room ready before I go to bed

Our hv told us to start gradually doing it now when leo had his 9 month check as in use it for his cereals and cooking etc so his body starts getting used to it but not to use it as a drink till he's a year. So I'm assuming you can just make the switch? Xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Lexi had been having cows milk in her breakfast so I just changed it over, a little earlier than one but she wasn't enjoying formula x x

Alice will be about a week short of being one by the time we've finished the last box of formula. She has milk in some of her food, like mash, rice pudding, scrambled egg. I think I might start to introduce one bottle a day for now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back